Gaming DSi XL Top Screen Vertical Lines

SparrowPT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Hello. I got a R4i SDHC 3DS the other day and started using it on my old good DSi XL which i find more enjoyable to play on than on my 2DS.

The problem is, I noticed 1 vertical line on the top screen. Its like from top to bottom on the top screen, a pink line.
Then I started messing around by squeezing the screen to see if i could find a sensible spot on the screen to eventually fix the line. Nothing.
After a few hours I noticed another line appeared on my screen. This time, a blue line, right by the other line.
Now I have 2 vertical lines and I would like to be able to fix this before it gets any worse.
Also, I noticed the lines change color depending on the color of the image that is showing up. With a black image they go grey or something like that.
Also noticed that moving the lid back and forth makes the 2nd line appear and disappear.
I'm guessing its a wire problem, I just want somebody else's opinion on the subject.
Only happens on the top screen. Bottom is fine.

I have some pictures to make it easier to understand.

What do u guys think I should do to fix it ? I don't mind opening it and disconnecting and reconnecting the wires. I just don't have the tri wing screwdriver at the moment.
Thanks.

20170128_004306_HDR.jpg
20170128_004312-min.jpg

Last edited by SparrowPT,

justin-dabath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The screen will need replacing as these models have the flex cable fixed to the screen, (the first version DS was easy as the flex cable was replaceable on it's own) i can pretty much guarantee that taking it apart and disconnecting / reconnecting the cables won't fix it - it could make the problem worse, so i'd recommend getting a replacement screen so you can do a straight swap.

SparrowPT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
The screen will need replacing as these models have the flex cable fixed to the screen, (the first version DS was easy as the flex cable was replaceable on it's own) i can pretty much guarantee that taking it apart and disconnecting / reconnecting the cables won't fix it - it could make the problem worse, so i'd recommend getting a replacement screen so you can do a straight swap.
Doesn't that require soldering ? I'm pretty sure changing the top lcd requires soldering something which is something Im not familiar with.

Last edited by SparrowPT,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1