DSi - Urgh

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by warmijwilfaain, Oct 3, 2008.

Oct 3, 2008

DSi - Urgh by warmijwilfaain at 5:59 PM (2,710 Views / 0 Likes) 22 replies

1. warmijwilfaain
    OP

Member warmijwilfaain War Mage MILF

United Kingdom
    http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=32289

Right, so it's a DS Lite but with a wider screen and a camera. That's the only advantage I see to it now.

There is no way I am converting my entire music library to play on the DSi. Also, region locked means that they've made changes as to what game carts will be accepted (if true) - therefore they've probably disallowed Flashcart play [​IMG]

What do you guys think?

2. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
  3. Civ2boss

Newcomer Civ2boss Newbie

United States
    Looking at all the specs it seems to me the biggest thing announced about it is the DSWare or whatever they are calling the Game/App Store. Since the new one has internal storage + SD slot, will it be compatible with the DS Lite at all? Hopefully it is, or I'd be pissed. I just got my first DS about a month ago!

At least I think it won't really matter that much, they won't require the camera for any games (hopefully) and so we'll only be missing out if the downloadable games were not compatible. They probably will be anyway. So no real loss there.

Logically thinking it out suggest they won't make people regret buying a DS Lite, but then who knows!

4. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    I would highly doubt that nintendo would change their ds carts cause if you minus out the flash card group there still are tons of people(kids,parents,etc etc) that either own a ds or dslite, basically if they did such a thing you would pretty much piss off everyone......

5. Social0

Member Social0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Belgium
    games WILL use the camera so DS lite users will be left out

6. galneon

Member galneon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'd question the worth of any game that requires the use of a camera, and any lame but optional extras that could possibly make use of it.

7. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Ugh... the DS section is going to end up just like the Wii - Hacking section, except replace "backup loader" with "DSi"

8. GameSoul

Member GameSoul youtube.com/variantdevil

United States
    I think one way to camera will be used in a game is taking a picture of yourself for an in-game profile or something.

9. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Music? Don't need it, since it doesn't support FLAC, or at least mp3...... I don't use the shit that is Itunes, so no AAE whatever file support.
    Internet looks promising, since it's actually different from the opera browser, or so I've heard.
    The Camera is meh.

If it was actually cheaper, I maybe would've considered selling my current DSL and get the DSi, but since it's actually more expensive, no thanks.

10. Tri3dgE

Newcomer Tri3dgE Member

Philippines
    Only advantage of the DSi is the implication of a larger internal RAM and hardrive, which means all those "I want a GBA emulator for DS" dream of boys and girls *might* come true [​IMG]

11. ExDee

Member ExDee GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ... Aren't there like a million of these threads? ....

12. psycoblaster

Member psycoblaster Divine

Korea, South
    reason for its price

13. Sir-Fritz

Member Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    The ds still wont have the processing power to emulate anythin gmuch better than a nes. Do even know what a hardrive is? Cause the dsi isnt gonna have one.

14. psycoblaster

Korea, South
    pshh hard drive lol
    And only if the CPU for the DSi is different than the DS, then a GBA emu might be true. but so far, NO.

15. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Its going to need a better CPU with all the stuff there putting into. DSiShop, apps, games, Internet Browser, Nintendo Zone. There going to need something to power it. Its sad that I don't think it can handle SDHC. It would sort of be like a harddrive. (How big can a DSiWare game be?)

16. psycoblaster

Korea, South
    Even though it has a better CPU and larger screens... the screen specs are still............ Down below. Only if the DSi has better graphics with more polygons per screen...

17. Dylan

Member Dylan 100 MILES AND RUNNIN'

Australia
    I am getting sick of these pro/cons threads. Make up your own mind or stick to one thread.

18. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    By the way... To all the idiots acting superior and telling everybody off for talking about a DSi hard drive, I suggest you take a closer look at the specs.

Is that clear enough?

On another note, since it is able to run an even faster DS browser without a RAM expansion, that means the thing has had a cpu and/or ram upgrade

19. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    It won't be a hard drive.

20. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    Admittedly by definition, a Hard drive must contain a rigid non removable magnetic disk with a large data storage, though that is hardly the point. To the average layman, Cell phones, Ipods, and Wiis all have hard drives. Most people consider a "Hard Drive" to be a form of data storage on a device. So it was a minor error, but it was not deserving of the responses it received, unless you guys actually didn't know that it didn't have internal data storage.