DSi Update 1.4.2 LIVE!

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion this update was rolled out to beta test the 3DS anti piracy cause the 3DS runs a modified DSi OS IIRC(do not quote me on this) hence why nintendo said the 3DS would be updated in LATE may so they can see how well their AP works.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seaking said:
Exaltys said:
leeday100196 said:
Tanveer said:
Yep blocks supercard ds two.
Even more lucky that I don't have a DSi right now. I still hope supercard are on this like fat kids at a cake convention.

What real use is there to update though?
to transfer DSiware stuff to the 3DS i would imagine in the future.
That, and to block flashcarts.
They are wasting their time, energy and money
closedeyes.gif

Flashcarts will always live and new ones are on the line..

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm just wondering why Nintendo didn't block Cyclo DSi Evolution.
They know which flashcards works on Dsi and 3DS, it's not that hard to buy them and try to block them.
They certainly tested a lot of card to make their patch, they know that Cyclo is not patched and still working but they release the update anyway?
unsure.gif

- CycloDSi is working differently and is not relying only on the Bootloader only, So Nintendo didn't find a way to block it yet?
- Nintendo forgot to flag this two game's bootloaders used by Cyclo DSi US/EU?
- They are making CycloDSi themselves and can profit from the selling of this flashcard,
smileipb2.png

It's now the second time that CycloDSi works on a Nintendo release from the start, no firmware update needed.
They really have a hard time patching it?

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any new update should you use a better icon and name for their carts. A JAP cart in a EU and US DS just stands out like a sore thumb... better yet give us the option of the rom to use as a header (I keep repeating this so many times now) that way they would be harder to identify, especially in the 3DS as it keeps logs of the games. More believable that you have 500hours playing pokemon than some obscure JAP game....

OmegaVesko

Trophies
XP
Country
funem said:
Any new update should you use a better icon and name for their carts. A JAP cart in a EU and US DS just stands out like a sore thumb... better yet give us the option of the rom to use as a header (I keep repeating this so many times now) that way they would be harder to identify, especially in the 3DS as it keeps logs of the games. More believable that you have 500hours playing pokemon than some obscure JAP game....

It's not region locked anyway, so even if it does stand out it technically doesn't meat it's a flashcart.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OmegaVesko said:
funem said:

It's not region locked anyway, so even if it does stand out it technically doesn't meat it's a flashcart.

on its own no, but if Nintendo looked at all the games played and time played on the 3DS (which you sign the agreement when you use the activity log, for marketing purposes of course ) then the bigger picture of 1000's of 3ds playing an obscure game stands out and makes it easier for them to work out what you are up to.

perkele

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Cyan said:
They know which flashcards works on Dsi and 3DS, it's not that hard to buy them and try to block them.
They certainly tested a lot of card to make their patch, they know that Cyclo is not patched and still working but they release the update anyway?
unsure.gif

- CycloDSi is working differently and is not relying only on the Bootloader only, So Nintendo didn't find a way to block it yet?
- They are making CycloDSi themselves and can profit from the selling of this flashcard,
smileipb2.png
or
- CycloDSi is too expensive, even for Nintendo
tongue.gif

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I wonder about that Cyclo thing too... is it because it can acces the DSi functions, or is it because the Big N doesnt know about the Cyclo cards's ability to use the dsi function, thus not patching it?
unsure.gif

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
unsure.gif

smileipb2.png

It's now the second time that CycloDSi works on a Nintendo release from the start, no firmware update needed.
They really have a hard time patching it?

I think it's because the CycloDSi works on an actual save game exploit in order to work. Since such saves would 'theoretically' live on the cart itself, Nintendo has no way of patching that on the fly, like it did with the Zelda patches on the Wii which are saved locally. The other carts simply emulate 'enough' of a legitimate cart to send a specific payload to the DSi to trick it into DS mode.

QUOTE(funem @ May 11 2011, 07:16 AM) Any new update should you use a better icon and name for their carts. A JAP cart in a EU and US DS just stands out like a sore thumb... better yet give us the option of the rom to use as a header (I keep repeating this so many times now) that way they would be harder to identify, especially in the 3DS as it keeps logs of the games. More believable that you have 500hours playing pokemon than some obscure JAP game....

I think the payload delivery depends on the game fitting certain criteria. That's why they can't just choose 'anything'. Plus as has been previously shown they seem to block these on a game by game basis. Just like in the iPhone jailbreak scenario, why let them block off additional exploits on each update.

Schnida

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
That was it. My DSiXL will never be updated. The Shop isn't really important. And if I would update, my iPlayer will be dead, because they announced that the iPlayer does not get more support
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out