Hacking DSi Touch Screen Problem

shashimii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is ok if i forcely put the screen protector in the right side of the touch screen?
i mean.. i put it from left to right until its near end to the right.. when it is on the end.. it couldnt fit smoothly... so press it forcely( not what you think like hard pressing.. i somewhat dont know the english term for it.. cus its my 2nd language..) i pressed it so that it will fit to the right and there's sound that presents it goes in.. and when i turn on my dsi.. the up left down and right button didnt work.. and also the touchscreen.. only the others work.. when i removed it.. all of them worked..

and then.. my mind was like not satisfied.. i tried press the upper right corner without the screen protector.. and the i try to choose in the dsi.. but its the same like in the above.. i mean.. the buttons didnt work at all and the touch screen..

is pressing in there somewhat link to the screen protector? is it somewhat damage or its normal?

thanks a lot. please bear with my english.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have difficulties understanding what you're writting (english is also my sec...no...third language)

But apparently you should center the screen protector and maybe not press hard AT ALL

shashimii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
uhm.. its like..
im just asking if i damaged my dsi..
its just when im in HOME.. whenever i press the top right and then choose a program there.. it doesnt move when i touch it or using the up,down,left and right button..
and about the forcely, please read it again..
thanks again.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shashimii said:
uhm.. its like..
im just asking if i damaged my dsi..
its just when im in HOME.. whenever i press the top right and then choose a program there.. it doesnt move when i touch it or using the up,down,left and right button..
and about the forcely, please read it again..
thanks again.

OK I just tried out what he said: I held the stylus down on the screen on the home menu and tried to navigate using the D-pad

Result: IT DOES NOT WORK

SO: what your screen protector is doing is applying pressure on the screen like if someone had their pen or finger on it. So Either you got something stuck between the screen protector and the actual screen, or the screen protector is just of a very very bad quality!

Edit: re-reading the first post and you said something about a click noise when applying the protector. Well I guess that "little bit of pressure" screwed up your touch screen digitizer. You can try to open your dsi and find out what's wrong OR you can buy a new touch screen digitizer (I snapped my touchscreen ribbon when switching cases).

But DX ones are a bit less sensitive. Not by much but you won't be able to use your fingers to navigate anymore (without applying tremendous pressure lol)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.