DSi shoulder button contact improvement.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Rydian, Jun 19, 2010.

Jun 19, 2010
  1. Rydian
    OP

    Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2010
    Messages:
    27,883
    Location:
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Country:
    United States
    They physically click and function fine, it's the contact/response internally that's going bad. They've been steadily going unresponsive, they reached that point where the only way to get an accurate response is it blow into them beforehand, but that only holds up for a few minutes at the most before they begin going unresponsive.

    I'm comfortable taking most electronics apart. Does anybody know of any picture/video/visual guide at all for taking a DSi apart, if it's safe, and/or what to do about the contact issue?
     
  2. hullo8d

    Member hullo8d GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2010
    Messages:
    501
    Country:
    United States
    I'm not sure how to take apart a DSi (using google is probably you best bet), but I was having the same trouble with my DSLite. I took it apart and I just got some compressed air and just let loose on the should buttons, and now they are extremely responsive. Most likely its just a bunch of dust the has gathered in your shoulder buttons shell that stops contact.

    Edit: Found this video and it's made by the same person who's video I used for direction for my DSL.



    and another with higher res

     
  3. T3GZdev

    Member T3GZdev head of T3GZdev

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2010
    Messages:
    985
    Country:
    United States
    here mate
     
  4. hullo8d

    Member hullo8d GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2010
    Messages:
    501
    Country:
    United States
    Just another addition to my last post, but I just remembered I once fixed my cousins DSi shoulder problem by running a small flat head Screwdriver along the shoulder button and pried it open slightly. Then I got my handy dandy computer dust-off and blew in about half the bottle on both and they worked just as new
     

Share This Page