Hacking DSi SD slot fun?

sconethief

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any progress for running Homebrew or other files on the DSi through the SD card slot?
I poked around, I didn't find anything on google at least.

houseonfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing has been found yet. Give it atleast 2 to 4 weeks. If nothing is out by then then it should happen soon after. Some news should be out by then.
Although its annoying, not having a flashcart for the DSi is best right now. An update and kill the flash cards, or someone could find an exploit to let games boot right off the SD card (personally hoping for some form of app that lets the programs/games in your SD card appear in the 'channels' on the DSi main menu).
Wait it out.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
houseonfire said:
Nothing has been found yet. Give it atleast 2 to 4 weeks. If nothing is out by then then it should happen soon after. Some news should be out by then.
Although its annoying, not having a flashcart for the DSi is best right now. An update and kill the flash cards, or someone could find an exploit to let games boot right off the SD card (personally hoping for some form of app that lets the programs/games in your SD card appear in the 'channels' on the DSi main menu).
Wait it out.

Actually it would be better to get a flashcart with an updateable kernel so that way if it's blocked, the flashcart creators will just release a firmware update and it will be all good.

Also even if your flashcart doesn't have an updateable kernel you can always wait and not update until an exploit is found.

And finally, I highly doubt an exploit will come as soon as 2-4 weeks.

B

ball2012003

i think we will be seeing one in about a month or so but its probably going to be something simple or probably even a gba emulator I just hope that there is some progress on this
by the way im typing this on the dsi

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ball2012003 said:
i think we will be seeing one in about a month or so but its probably going to be something simple or probably even a gba emulator I just hope that there is some progress on this

I don't know, if any exploit is found as early as a month it would probably be a crack to access the DSi's cameras and do DSi Homebrew...OR DSiWare pirating...and that's probably at the most...but...you never know.

Also that's cool how you're posting from the DSi. Is the browser as slow as everyone says?

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
ball2012003 said:

I don't know, if any exploit is found as early as a month it would probably be a crack to access the DSi's cameras and do DSi Homebrew...OR DSiWare pirating...and that's probably at the most...but...you never know.

Also that's cool how you're posting from the DSi. Is the browser as slow as everyone says?

The browser is kinna slow, but decent.
Can do more than the normal PSP Browser, but the PSP Browser is still kinna faster.

Also like you said buy a flash cart and don't upgrade until its safe.
Plus wouldn't it be faster to hack the DSi using a flash cart?
Gives you access to a lot of stuff already. Just wondering.

B

ball2012003

DeltaBurnt said:
ball2012003 said:

the browser isnt that slow
its faster than the psp
the psp is just faster on small on easy sites but the dsi is faster on bigger sites

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xDlmaoxD said:
DeltaBurnt said:
ball2012003 said:

The browser is kinna slow, but decent.
Can do more than the normal PSP Browser, but the PSP Browser is still kinna faster.

Also like you said buy a flash cart and don't upgrade until its safe.
Plus wouldn't it be faster to hack the DSi using a flash cart?
Gives you access to a lot of stuff already. Just wondering.

Alot of people are thinking of hacking the DSi via Flashcart or SD Slot but the thing is the Flashcarts emulate NDS games...I doubt they'd be able to do much to the actual DSi...that's why alot more people think that the first hack via the SD Slot or DSiWare. I think the only way you could hack the DSi via a Flashcart is with a save exploit...but we don't even know if that will work.

TornZero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they should at least let the DSi be compatible with the Action Replay so it'll work (The AR didn't do anything to help with pirating. It only cheats on store-bought games, right? So why should the AR suffer?)

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
T0rnZer0 said:
I think they should at least let the DSi be compatible with the Action Replay so it'll work (The AR didn't do anything to help with pirating. It only cheats on store-bought games, right? So why should the AR suffer?)

The Action Replay is not a licensed Nintendo product, and Nintendo does not want it running on their machines.

nerboking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the actual Nintendo software handle SDHC, or just SD?

Because the Wii only handles SD, right, when homebrew can have SDHC...

jozsua_cruz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm just wondering if you can put any kind of emulators on your ds?? because I;m so borred!! I traded all my games and I downloaded the DSi ware games but none of them is that funn...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: