Hacking DSi: R-button problem

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Da-Bomb1 said:
I guess 'cause the buttons are kinda different? The DSi has sort of different clicky type buttons than the other systems did. Perhaps it's just a problem with the design. Either way, I've never had those problems with mine.

Yes, but if that's the case, why not stick with the same design? It'd make a hell of a lot more sense...

houseonfire said:
QUOTE(Da-Bomb1 @ Jul 26 2009, 07:39 PM) ...unless you've been paying attention, blowing air actually fixes it.
That doesn't mean there's dirt on the inside.
Seriously. Think about it. How much dirt would have to be in there for it to completely halt the function of a button.

Probably quite a bit, and it seems hard for dirt to get into it as it is... Plus, blowing into it does NOT always work. And don't try to contradict me, because I'll simply show you my original NDS. It's R AND L buttons don't work, and compressed air doesn't help.

Keeley

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
That happened to my old DSi, but I had bought warranty and they let me have another one, but I prefer my old DSi it didn't have a yellowish screen on the bottom =( Seems like the DSi has many problems but I still don't regret getting it
yaynds.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey, my DSi also has a yellow screen. I wonder why some have it and some don't... Also, the white DSi is a lot smoother than the black one IMO. Lucky I got a white one. (I don't know how smooth the blue one is cause there's nobody with one in my area)

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't see that mine has a yellowish tint. It seems to be a bit brighter than my DSL, with much better viewing angles. I'd say that it's better all around, save for the scanlines that show up when stuff moves laterally on a high contrast area of the screen...

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Overlord Natie said:
Well, Ninte's handheld with the best viewing angles is still the GBA SP. The DSi is a lot better than the Phat with viewing angles, but the SP owns all.
You mean the old or new SP?

kennypu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Da-Bomb1 said:
Overlord Natie said:
Well, Ninte's handheld with the best viewing angles is still the GBA SP. The DSi is a lot better than the Phat with viewing angles, but the SP owns all.
SP is just the SP :3 unless you're talking about the original GBA or the micro

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kennypu said:
Da-Bomb1 said:
Overlord Natie said:
Well, there're the backlit and sidelit ones.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Da-Bomb1 said:
kennypu said:
Well, there're the backlit and sidelit ones.
My information (about the screens not the angle)
The sidelit SP is the original model (screens match the DSPhat), and the backlit screens have "Now with BRIGHTER backlit screen!" on the box (screens match the DSlite).
Sidelit: The light is not very bright, and when off, the screen matches the original GBA's. Screen view is best outdoors or when lit externally.
Backlit: The light does not turn off. The minimum light setting is brighter than the sidelit SP's light. Screen is hard to see outdoors or in bright light.

Reikhan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG this happened to you too? Idk why it's doing that... I play my own games and when i need the R button it shuts off when i blow into it too. I'm using the acekard 2i with the Alex Rider hack but i'm having the same problem with it too
frown.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You bumped an old topic, but whatever, I forgive you. When you blow into the R-button place thingy, you most likely blow moist air (with your mouth), which can make the contacts inside the DSi wet, make it short circuit and turn itself off. Try finding some canned air or so, blow that into the R-button thingy and everything should be fine.

If your DSi continues to turn itself off at random, try heating it for a while, that'll dry it up inside and thus make sure it can no longer short circuit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay