Hacking Dsi "R" button half working

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Uhmm.... I think the only way you can temporally fix it would be blowing on it. But if some vapor gets there it'll kill your ds.

The best thing you can do is to buy a can with compressed air and take it apart or get somebody to take it apart and apply it on the button switch. But still there's a chance it will stop working again (Some months after). Just remember to keep your ds away from dust.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
The has been a reoccurring problem on Nintendo handhelds since the GBA.

You have two possible solutions:

1) Disassemble your DSi using a tri-wing screwdriver and blow compressed air into the button casing. The compressed air has a good chance of clearing any dust.

2) Hit the DS (right on the shoulder button) hard against a corner or hard surface. The shock has a good chance of moving or clearing any dust.

3) Send it to Nintendo. Free repair/replacement if it's under warrantee. $30-50 otherwise.

A friend and I have exclusively used method (2) with stellar results. He karate chopped his DS lite to fix it once. I personally prefer wall corners.

To prevent dust from collecting in a shoulder button use a case or bag for your DS rather than just your pocket.

This topic has been done before and will be done again.

acturus

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
i had the same problem with my L button, i used compressed air and sprayed it under it the best i could and it's seems to be working better, but then again, it's only been a day since i did it

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah...This is a pain in the ass. I had the same freakin problem on my DS Lite. The L button sometimes work and sometimes doesn't. I had to press the L button harder onto the corner just to get it working...

D

Deleted_171835

How could the warranty be out? The DSi came out in America (considering fact that you're american) IN April the 5th. It's impossible for it to be out of warranty unless it's a Japanese DSi.
sleep.gif

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heran Bago said:
The has been a reoccurring problem on Nintendo handhelds since the GBA.

You have two possible solutions:

1) Disassemble your DSi using a tri-wing screwdriver and blow compressed air into the button casing. The compressed air has a good chance of clearing any dust.

Just wanna let you know the DSi doesn't need the tri-wing screwdriver at all to be taken appart (I fixed mine's R button by adding a piece of tape between the pad and the button for better contact...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: