Gaming DSi question

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering if I should get a DSi XXL. I've always only had a Lite(along with a original), but the XXL has really caught my eye with how big it is. Plus there's a couple DSiware games I wouldn't mind playing.

You think this would essentially be a waste of money considering how close it is to the 3DS launch? Not only would I be buying the XXL, but I would also have to buy another flashcart(already decided to get the DSTwo if I get a DSi), another set of screen protectors, and possibly another carrying case.

So what do you guys think? Waste of money? I'm thinking it might not be. Because even when the 3DS is launched, I probably won't buy one for a good year or so. Or perhaps even two. I'm gonna wait for a good amount of games to be out for the handheld, hopefully a little price drop, and also for a good selection of flashcarts to be out for it(I have no doubt the 3DS will be hacked, no matter how much effort Nintendo has put into making this new handheld "unhackable").

Also, I'm wondering if DS/DSi support is going to stop immediately when the 3DS gets launched, or if there will still be a steady trickle of games here and there.

Like I said, I honestly don't know if I should buy it or not. It would be nice to have a new, bigger, handheld to play why I wait to get a 3DS. But I'm just not sure if I should get it. So I'm hoping to get some opinions here.

Thanks.

D

Deleted User

If it will prevent you from getting a 3ds, don't.

The DSI XL is currently the best DS out at the moment, I love the big screen, I'm a bigger guy and it suits me well, the built in speakers are the best the DS has to offer, and the battery lasts a LONG time, Much longer than the old ds's and just about as long as the DsLite

Like I said, If you have money for both the DSIXL and 3ds then go ahead, Otherwise wait for the 3DS.

MF Tlaxcala

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have bought one a few months ago. I like it much. If i take my lite to play with then i immediately think: "Bigger is better", but of course is that my opinion. I will buy also a 3DS. I have a lot of handhelds then because i have also an Advanced SP, but i'm not gonna say that i never play again on my XL, Lite or Advanced handhelds if i have an 3DS..

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DespizingU said:
I'm wondering if I should get a DSi XXL.There's a DSi bigger than XL? I didn't know that.
DespizingU said:
You think this would essentially be a waste of money considering how close it is to the 3DS launch? Not only would I be buying the XXL, but I would also have to buy another flashcart(already decided to get the DSTwo if I get a DSi), another set of screen protectors, and possibly another carrying case.It's a waste of money if you were to buy one right now. Just get a 3DS once it stabilizes itself after launch.
QUOTE(DespizingU @ Oct 11 2010, 12:54 AM)
Also, I'm wondering if DS/DSi support is going to stop immediately when the 3DS gets launched, or if there will still be a steady trickle of games here and there.
There should be DS games still being developed for at least 2 years. You won't see much developed by Nintendo, but you never know, there might be a really good game that comes out 2 years after DS support is dropped (was the case with the NES's "Kirby's Adventure").

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I didn't know games would still be coming out for at 2 years. That's great. Thanks for that info.

And thanks to the rest of you for your input. No, if I get an XL(I thought it was XXL YayMii) I'll still be able to get myself a 3DS when I feel it's the right time to get one. I mean, who knows, I may crack and get one right at launch. But I doubt that will happen. I'm sure I'll wait until a good library of games build up first.

I'm noticing that my Lite is starting to fail a little anyways. So I think I'll just go ahead and get an XL as a replacement. I think it will be a good purchase since a) my Lite might not last much longer, and b) DS games are still going to be developed for quite some time.

So it looks like I'll probably get one soon. Thanks guys. I really appreciate the help.

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Get a Midnight Blue. The system is absolutely amazing. Honestly you won't have any problems with it. I don't know why people say there are pixel problems or something along those lines. I have not noticed a single thing wrong with my XL and it is 2 weeks old.
smile.gif
Greatest buy I ever did. It does not come in 1.4.1 firmware either. I got my DSTWO working on it moments after purchasing it. The Game Stop cashier was persistent in getting a game with it. One thing I hate is how Game Stop provided a free item with the purchase of an XL but it was not for the XL. The case you get with the XL is for DSL/DSi. Pissed me off. I spent 2 minutes trying to figure out why the XL did not fit in it LOL. Anyways you won't regret it at the end of the day.

It is also on sale now. It was formerly 189.99 but it went down to 169.99 but because of the tax (stupid USA) the price was 190 anyway.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DespizingU said:
Wow, I didn't know games would still be coming out for at 2 years. That's great. Thanks for that info.

And thanks to the rest of you for your input. No, if I get an XL(I thought it was XXL YayMii) I'll still be able to get myself a 3DS when I feel it's the right time to get one. I mean, who knows, I may crack and get one right at launch. But I doubt that will happen. I'm sure I'll wait until a good library of games build up first.

I'm noticing that my Lite is starting to fail a little anyways. So I think I'll just go ahead and get an XL as a replacement. I think it will be a good purchase since a) my Lite might not last much longer, and b) DS games are still going to be developed for quite some time.

So it looks like I'll probably get one soon. Thanks guys. I really appreciate the help.
Okay, just remember to get a screen protector (preferably a Zagg or Hori one) and a protective shell (such as this one), because the paint scratches off easily if you drop it.

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for that info, Flash.
smile.gif

YayMii, any recommendations on where to get a Hori screen protector? I used the Hori protectors on both my original and my Lite, so I want to stick with that brand.

Thanks guys.

pichon64

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uruguay
YayMii said:
... and a protective shell (such as this one), because the paint scratches off easily if you drop it.

Amazing shell, highly recommended. I have one with my regular DSi. Excellent. It's nice to see there's one available for the XL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show