RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
m3rox said:
Curious, when a key is checked on my machine, is it one that hasn't already been checked by another machine?
Yes, when you start brutey you are assigned a key that has not yet been tested.
Each block you complete is reported back to the server.

By the way, I noticed 4chan discussing this program, they made a point that this program was pretty slow as it was coded in C# or something, and that it could be like 10 times faster if it was coded in C++? Does that sound right?

Intranet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fgghjjkll said:
nitrostemp said:
yum yum 10gb of ram
why do you need 10gb of ram?

Because that's the size of the dump HackMii got when they ran a RAM trace on the DSi here: http://hackmii.com/2009/09/dsi-ram-hax/
HackMii themselves haven't posted any common key (or exploits) from this dump so I slightly doubt that asiekierka will find it but good luck to him.

From the HackMii post:
"In some ways, this is similar to what happened with the Wii — fiddling with the RAM gave us much greater insight into how the system worked, but it still took several months of dedicated reverse-engineering before we had a usable exploit. Maybe this one will be faster, or maybe Nintendo will have learned a thing or two from their previous mistakes."

tyrran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look, this whole snafu comes down like this:

There was a program that gave a glimmer of hope, and yea, we were all rejoicing.

Then the person behind it wanted to try something different on the side, maybe to expedite the entire process.

The person *really* should have just kept their mouth shut, did the project or at least talked about it in a different thread. The moment "I'm not sharing the key" was uttered, that was the end.

It doesn't matter what was meant behind what was said, it was timing and placement. And the fact remains that for about 96 hours, people have been running this program day and night to try and help the community, and it came across like asiekierka was being a glory hog. I'm sorry I snapped, but until the moment of clarity about 12 posts ago, everyone thought the same thing, and now the project is shot to hell.

As much as it pains me to say this, we need to start from square one, maybe on the same project, but from a different team leader. Really, from a different program (C++ seems to be thrown around a lot).

Even if it would have taken another few millennia, this gave people hope, and it was taken away from them. We gotta start over.

Please consider locking the topic.

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well you missed the boat completely. This project didn't start with Asie. It started with WBL3000 and it was a long time ago as well.

On the bruteforcer people would have gotten a file in the directory they are running the program from, if they found the key.

The amount of keys found now is trivial , since it will take many months this method used by Asie is not random the other client would have had better odds at that of finding the key. But both programs have one thing in common they are way to slow even if 100% of the 40K people registered on here ran it 100% of the time it could take years.

The drama didn't help.

c0d3wiz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dsibrew.zxq.net
XP
Country
United States
asiekierka, could i have your "servdo.php" file? (http://asciinet.ath.cx:8080/servdo.php), Thanks!
biggrin.gif

Intranet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
It doesn't seem to be possible to download the keys.dat file though since it's being continually overwritten.

Afaik, the keys.dat file is where any keys that work will be held, not a file that holds all the keys.
Thus far its 0 bytes so I guess no one has found the right key...

asiekierka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
FIVE FACTS:

1. I'm the age of Jason Hannon.
2. I'm apparently treated the same as Jason Hannon, which is therefore not a surprise.
3. I will publish the servdo.php file soon.
4. I am going to share the keys because in addition to sending them to the server you also get a local copy on your machine, so what's the point in not sharing?
5. Source is available so you can always examine it if you don't believe me.

EDIT: 6. A part of it (variable names changed so you can't hax me so well):

Code:
$a1d = $_GET["blid"];
$a2d = $_GET["unid"];
if(isset($_GET["mk"]))
{
ÂÂÂÂ$lolmykey = $_GET["mk"];
ÂÂÂÂ$kk = fopen("keys.dat","a");
ÂÂÂÂfwrite($lolmykey,$kk,16);
ÂÂÂÂfclose($kk);
}

Intranet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
asiekierka said:
FIVE FACTS:

2. I'm apparently treated the same as Jason Hannon, which is therefore not a surprise.
4. I am going to share the keys because in addition to sending them to the server you also get a local copy on your machine, so what's the point in not sharing?

I have two questions: Who's Jason Hannon? (There were a few on my google search...) & if you find the key by yourself, you will not share it? (either with anyone &/or the general public). Personally, I don't see the difference - if the common key is found, it has been found & hence should be shared for everyone (including the finder) to benefit.

The whole reason anyone wants homebrew is to delimit any given device from the device manufacturer's rules thus allowing us all to create & enjoy programs that otherwise would not happen. If Nintendo had made the device with community homewbrew in mind, we wouldn't be trying to crack the common key right now - there wouldn't be any need. But as they have we need to act as a community to brake down the barriers they put up. & therefore any progress we make should be shared with all & then others can try to further that progress.

... Well that's how I see it anyways
smile.gif

asiekierka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Do I have to repeat for the 42nd time that I WILL share that common key if I find it?

Also, the speed is too slow anyway
frown.gif

EDIT: Jason Hannon == c0d3wiz / the guy with the SD card hack

c0d3wiz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dsibrew.zxq.net
XP
Country
United States
Intranet said:
asiekierka said:
FIVE FACTS:

Who's Jason Hannon?

Me! lol
smile.gif
aka flipnoteman12
(creator of the sd card hack & http://dsibrew.zxq.net/)

asiekierka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Also, 1 trillion is the amount of keys needed for a 30-bit key, and the amount grows exponentially (each new bit needs twice as much work)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, i also have the homebrew psp Port of cave story