Dsi flashcard help

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by person12321, Jul 20, 2010.

Jul 20, 2010

Dsi flashcard help by person12321 at 7:41 PM (1,109 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. person12321
    OP

Newcomer person12321 Member

United States
    ok so i have had a dsi for a while (not an xl) and need to buy a good flashcard for it. what should i buy? I want people to say which flashcard and why.if there are some bad things about the card tell me about those too. and also try to actually have experience with the card before posting.

2. Theraima

Member Theraima I own this desert, bitches!

Finland
    Dont really know about DSi flashcarts but I'd suggest R4i or Acekard 2i. Dunno man.

3. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    I have two main suggestions

1: The Acekard 2i.
    A cheap solution at just $15 standalone, this will play most of your DS games without a fault, when you install the AKAIO firmware, there's no frills, just great compatibility.
    This supports SDHC and DSi systems.

2: The Supercard DStwo.
    A premium solution for $35 standalone, it has a dedicated integrated CPU, capable of doing things no other flashcart can. Asides from just playing your DS games, it is capable of delivering GBA emulation, and better potentially emulation than any other flashcart can provide.
    It has a wealth of real-time functions such as real-time gamesaves, real-time guides, real-time cheats support, and more.
    It also has a SNES emulator coming in the future, as well a DivX video player, and it already has eBook support.
    Finally, it has SDHC support and works on DSi systems.

I suggest you buy these are GBAtemp's affiliated site, Shoptemp, they have competitive prices and good shipping rates, their free shipping arrives at about 2 weeks for most customers.

I strongly advise that you DO NOT get any R4 branded device that can work on the DSi.
    The only good R4 is the Wood R4 compatible original, but those do not work on the DSi, and do not support SDHC.

4. person12321
    OP

United States
    I have researched a bit on acekard and dstwo and i have a few questions.
    1. I read reviews about the dstwo and apparently it has some bugs. will they make updates for those bugs? and if so, they will all be downloadable right?
    2. if i bought the ds2 right now, will the SNES emulator be a downloadable update sometime?
    3. if i actually buy the dstwo, what microsd card should i use ( based on how much space it has. like 4gb or somethin) because i realized it has a lot of features.

Thanks in advance

5. person12321
    OP

United States
    I have researched a bit on acekard and dstwo and i have a few questions.
    1. I read reviews about the dstwo and apparently it has some bugs. will they make updates for those bugs? and if so, they will all be downloadable right?
    2. if i bought the ds2 right now, will the SNES emulator be a downloadable update sometime?
    3. if i actually buy the dstwo, what microsd card should i use ( based on how much space it has. like 4gb or somethin) because i realized it has a lot of features.

Thanks in advance
    P.S. disregard the post above this, it was a mistake

6. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Well I would usually recommend any 'named' (Kinston/Sandisk etc) SDHC class 4 (or above) MicroSD card - the larger the better, depending on what you can afford.
    since not only will you be able to carry more ROMs around with you, but more Music & Movies - & because the DSTwo may be able to play AVI files without need of conversion, these will take up quite a bit of room

7. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    1. The DStwo is fairly new, and the firmware is currently incomplete (missing SNES emu and video playback, a few additional things), but bugs aside I think games play just fine, especially if you stay away from the realtime menu.
    2. The SNES emulator will arrive as an additional plugin to download.
    3. I think 4gb would be a good place to start, you can store a fair amount of DS and GBA games on that, as well as the small SNES games (they're about 4mb at most). If you want to get into deeper things like music and video playback then 8gb is where you want to go.

I don't have a DStwo yet, I'm waiting for that SNES emulator to arrive, then be user-reviewed first, my purchase rides all on that one features because I don't need anything else out of the DStwo.

8. person12321
    OP

United States
    Thanks guys i think ill go for the dstwo. since it does have lots of cool features and a SNES emulator coming soon (hopefully...). But i still think its odd how they spent one year to make the ds2 but they missed out some main features. Thanks again!