DSi dated and priced for US!

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno, I'm considering getting one, but I don't want the blue, nor the black. I'd rather have the white one. I need to upgrade my DS anyway. And the people complaining about the GBA slot need to learn what an emulator is for.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I find the DSi to be a huge waste of money just to get a console that has more cons than advantages in my opinion. While others may buy it I won't that crowd because I've realised that there are so many better things that I could get instead.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
playallday said:
Maz7006 said:
i don't see why people won't buy this, and that blue colour, wow i wasn't expecting that, doesn't look to shabby.
You know, you just said, "I think everyone will buy the DSi"!

Thats what i was intending to say, yet i thought it may be too blunt to just say that EVERYONE will, which in fact is seldom the case.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Akoji said:
I might get one since my old DS lite L and R buttons doesn't work anymore.
Is it confirmed that some flashcart work on it?

the only flash carts that work are the one that end with the letter i.
and i don't care for the dsi.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Akoji said:
I might get one since my old DS lite L and R buttons doesn't work anymore.
Is it confirmed that some flashcart work on it?

Only on the Japanese ones. The US ones haven't come out yet so there's no telling.

engruzii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Well i'm going to get me a DSi i mean you can't tell how good the DSi until you get one the bigger screen really makes a different and it feels the the DSi quality is way better than the DSlite and it's more comfortable to hold plus, as i heard it's more powerful than the DSlite which probably means that some of the newer games won't play on the DSlite

anyway like i said you won't know how good is the DSi until you own one and i have the Japanese one and i'm very happy with it
yaynds.gif

engruzii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Akoji said:
Well, I don't think that they would make the error of doing exclusive for DSi... they are not that stupid.

Well there might be many reasons to do that and one of them that they probably going to keep releasing updates to get rid of the piracy which means they are going to make exclusive for DSi just to stop the piracy

and if it's true that the DSi is more powerful than the DSlite (i heard it's 1.5 times more powerful but not sure tho) that means some of the latest games will not be playable on the DSlite

in the end it all depends in how long does Nintendo intend to keep the DSi alive

Agent007

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LOL no white ? and I thought they would go with silver this time like the old gameboy advance sps ... anyways ... I dont see whats the problem ... most people like me ( i own a phat ) want a new ds with 5 brightness levels ( I got the first gen of the ds phat ... only 1 brightness level) and itll probably have camera games where u have to make a face or something.

The only thing I thought they couldve changed was getting the blue into silver or something ... i mean ... what are the girls gonna get ? (not in a sexist way) but i mean like ... most girls got the white cause it was more "unmanly" to them ...

Hope for the best that the firmware is the same as the Jap =/ if it isn't, i might not get it cause im sticking to my Ds phat

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I really doubt they'll make DSi only titles. Maybe some smaller companies will, but the big oens like Squeenix will realize that if they make their games DSi-only, they're gonna be losing a huge amount of money.

Uruha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea they wont make DSi exclusives, but maybe some features require the DSi power in the game?
I want a DSi since im stuck with a phat with 2 hours of play time. i kinda want the lite but big screen!!!!

NeverEden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's thinner, larger screen, power button on the inside, and has a SD card slot. All good pros. Easier to carry, easier to play games, no more accidentally turning on/off the DS, and the SD card slot... opens up alot of possibilities. =)

However, as for the cons. Digital camera? Definitely a gimmick considering its low quality resolution. Rather use my NV3 digital camera for that. Heck, even cellphones except the oldest take better picture than the DSi. Music player? Already have my ipod nano for that. No more GBA slot... I don't usually care for old games, but imo, there are still classic that are worth playing. Heck, even some of the games made for the NDS are about the same gameplay than the GBA games with just slightly better graphics.

I think Nintendo trying to rival the PSP is a bad tactic. It should stick to what it does best, as a gaming console.

Is it me or are all the latest gadgets are trying to do everything but not doing them well? Already we have the iPhone and its gaming APPs... and my digital camera double as a video recorder and music player... >.< oy. So much is making my head spins.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya