DSi Common Key Bruteforcer

Status
Not open for further replies.

moriarty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
helmon1 is right but that should not stop us from trying. I would like to know what we are using as the cypher(encrypted)text and the original text that is being used to find the cypher key (common key) that we are looking for. How was the Initialization Vector found.

nerboking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
helmon1 said:
You guys are insane. In order to cover every single key in the 128 bit common key it would take ALL of the computers in the world millions of years to compute. How are you going to achieve that with a community of enthusiasts? Insane is not even the right word... it's more like total ignorance.

Btw, just for the record, the chance of discovering the correct key from randomly guessing and guessing them in sequence are exactly the same. You guys need to go home, study some math, study some computer science, and then give up on this foolish idea.

Well, the thing is nobody quite expects this to work. We just figure we might as well have the computers run it for the slight chance of success while the big boys brainstorm ideas about how to hack the key more directly.

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
helmon1 said:
You guys are insane. In order to cover every single key in the 128 bit common key it would take ALL of the computers in the world millions of years to compute. How are you going to achieve that with a community of enthusiasts? Insane is not even the right word... it's more like total ignorance.

Btw, just for the record, the chance of discovering the correct key from randomly guessing and guessing them in sequence are exactly the same. You guys need to go home, study some math, study some computer science, and then give up on this foolish idea.

Well if this is a lost cause check this out , http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/ now that is a lost cause if i ever seen one , millions of light years away
smile.gif
unknown forms of communication and so on
smile.gif

Im thinking that a "renderfarm" with openCL should be able to push out a good amount of keys per second.

fairlyevenparents

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Athlon-pv said:
helmon1 said:

Well if this is a lost cause check this out , http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/ now that is a lost cause, millions of light years away
smile.gif
unknown forms of communication and so on
smile.gif

Im thinking that a "renderfarm" with openCL should be able to push out a good amount of keys per second.

+1

moriarty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know how to use nvidia's CUDA API but openCL doesn't look to different. but i think we need a plan on how to create a powerful Distributed super computer. I know I can help.

I can program in c/c++, c#, java i don't know how to deal with the networking and i have a alright knowledge of cryptography.

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
moriarty said:
I know how to use nvidia's CUDA API but openCL doesn't look to different. but i think we need a plan on how to create a powerful Distributed super computer. I know I can help.

I can program in c/c++, c#, java i don't know how to deal with the networking and i have a alright knowledge of cryptography.

The source is in the file distributed. All we need is the decryption part coded for OpenCL.

The other projects like storing keys calculated and using a database for them are nice to have.

Some things aren't really clear to me
smile.gif

Like how many processes would a videocard be able to run from say a GTX 260 to a ATI 5870.

moriarty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple of things:
1. I am getting OpenCL so i can start working on a decryption but i will need to write the program in c.
2. what other projects are their projects are their?

oh and The number of process that a GPU can handle at once is equal to the number of shader cores in the GPU. For my 8800 its about 128 cores which means at any given time i could "possible" check that many keys
The GTX 260 i think has ~90 but each core is faster.
As for ATI I am not as familiar with their tech.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I see this as more of something to try and randomly stumble upon the key. That recommneded 1 bit brute forcer mode, why is that recommended? It seems to me that we have know way of knowing the first digit of the code.

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
macgeek417 said:
Here's an idea: Make it so if it finds the key, it would "download" http://somerandomserver/dsiCommonKeyBruteforcer.php?key=00 or something like that. I could see about coding that if anyone wants.

Compaq Presario SR1110NX - 2.53GHz Celeron D/768MB RAM:
10,000 Keys p/s

Compaq Presario C500 - 1.86GHz Celeron M/1.5GB RAM:
16,000 Keys p/s

iMac Summer 2000 - 350MHz PowerPC 750 "G3"/350MB RAM:
768 Keys p/s

eMac 800MHz - 800MHz PowerPC "G4"/256MB RAM:
1,500 Keys p/s

All together: almost 30,000 Keys p/s!
Anyone want a Mac binary of the bruteforcer (requires Mono framework)?
Yes please!

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's kinda sad(literally) that it's been this long and the DSi hasn't been truly cracked open yet. Why's it taking so long? Did Nintendo really do that good of a job of screwing this thing shut? ._.

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shinkukage09 said:
It's kinda sad(literally) that it's been this long and the DSi hasn't been truly cracked open yet. Why's it taking so long? Did Nintendo really do that good of a job of screwing this thing shut? ._.
No. Flashcarts could get in, so we can too.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hatsu said:
shinkukage09 said:
No. Flashcarts could get in, so we can too.

The DSi Mode part hasn't been cracked though, yet. It didn't take them this long when they started making DS flashcards, did they?
unsure.gif
Even so, cracking the DSi's DS Mode ain't the same as cracking DSi Mode, sadly enough. And that's what we want. The full thing cracked. I'm surprised that it IS taking so long.

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hatsu said:
macgeek417 said:
All together: almost 30,000 Keys p/s!
Anyone want a Mac binary of the bruteforcer (requires Mono framework)?
Yes please!

No thank you i rather have
Crack more than 200 Millions MD5 hash per sec on GeForce 8800GT

From the page of the MD5 bruteforcer
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.