DSi Browser Exploit Found

1673367748386.png

Last night Nathan Farlow released "stylehax", a new exploit for the DSi which uses the web browser.

With the DSi web browser being on most DSi consoles, this will greatly benefit users who don't have Flipnote Studio installed and can't load the Memory Pit exploit due to broken cameras. View the source code for the exploit here: https://github.com/nathanfarlow/stylehax

In order to run the exploit just place "boot.nds" on the root on your SD card and then load http://stylehax.net/ in the browser*.

*note that it often freezes. The DS(i) Mode Hacking! server on discord has found that loading opera:about or http://google.com/ before stylehax will (usually) fix any freezing. Also remember to give it 30 or more seconds to load.

Last edited by rvtr,

rvtr

Nintendo DS hoarder
OP
Trophies
Website
randommeaninglesscharacters.com
XP
Country
Canada
Dawg, have you even looked in the DS scene? There are DSis everywhere lmao

And how many times do you really see an original DS? You're gonna find a lot more posts with DS lites or DSis than the original DS.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a DSiXL. It’s the 25th Mario edition. I should play it more than I do, but Breath of The Wild is in heavy rotation now. I’ve got to beat it before the sequel comes out. I used Flipnote thingy to hack my DSiXL. I didn’t have a web browser…at the time. I’d like to rehack it. I like getting a fresh start. Seriously though, aside from BoTW, my electric scooter project is really my focus. I wish I could retire already. Working is just getting in my way right now.

Sk17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Wasn't the browser preinstalled on later consoles only? The XL variant came with Brain Age, Flitnote Studio the browser and some more, but the earlier non-XL models had no preinstalled DSiWare at all if I remember correctly.
Well, my 1.4.1U DSi came bundled with the Internet Browser. I'd say it was something that was part of the "DSi" upgrade from the DS Lite, besides the camera. It's also labeled in the box.

I'm amazed at how people refuse to let this console die. lol

Last edited by Sk17,

Sk17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Wasn't the browser preinstalled on later consoles only? The XL variant came with Brain Age, Flitnote Studio the browser and some more, but the earlier non-XL models had no preinstalled DSiWare at all if I remember correctly.
OK, sorry for being *that* kinda guy. I still have the manuals, and this speaks for itself. lol

But yeah, this can serve as proof that this exploit will be really useful even if Memory Pit is easier to use. The only real downside of this exploit is configuring a router to use the WEP protocol, since some new routers don't even allow it.

Edit: Wrong.

Attachments

• 20230111_211519[1].jpg
    20230111_211519[1].jpg
    2 MB · Views: 39
Last edited by Sk17,

rvtr

Nintendo DS hoarder
OP
Trophies
Website
randommeaninglesscharacters.com
XP
Country
Canada
Japanese consoles can still download it, but if you don't have the browser on other regions, you're stuck.

You can try memory pit to mod your console. This exploit is more for those who don't have a functional camera or flipnote studio.

Sk17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
It's not just WEP. My router is WPA2 and everything connects. There are probably more other than WEP and WPA2 that work, though idk.
Yup. You're right. For some reason my mind mixed up this with setting up the console to use Wimmfi servers. lol

So yeah, that means the exploit is even better. Lets just say that WPA2 connectivity it's part of the "DSi upgrade". XD

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The DSi browser is based on Opera, isn't it? Does that mean a similar exploit could be done on the DS with the web browser cart? (Of course, I have no idea what you'd actually do with an exploit like that.)

My personal dream would be some sort of non-persistent exploit that I could use to run the Pokemon games directly from the cartridges at TWL clock speed, but it seems like that's quite impossible.

Reactions: SylverReZ and rvtr

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Man all these web browser exploits, we ain't gonna be getting a browser on the ps6 :gun:
Definitely sony's way of 'fixing' issues.
Post automatically merged:

The DSi browser is based on Opera, isn't it? Does that mean a similar exploit could be done on the DS with the web browser cart? (Of course, I have no idea what you'd actually do with an exploit like that.)

My personal dream would be some sort of non-persistent exploit that I could use to run the Pokemon games directly from the cartridges at TWL clock speed, but it seems like that's quite impossible.
DSi have something that can be called an app-based OS, while old DS doesn't seem to. Prolly there is nothing to hack, so just use R4

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
View attachment 346874

Last night Nathan Farlow released "stylehax", a new exploit for the DSi which uses the web browser.

With the DSi web browser being on most DSi consoles, this will greatly benefit users who don't have Flipnote Studio installed and can't load the Memory Pit exploit due to broken cameras. View the source code for the exploit here: https://github.com/nathanfarlow/stylehax

In order to run the exploit just place "boot.nds" on the root on your SD card and then load http://stylehax.net/ in the browser*.

*note that it often freezes. The DS(i) Mode Hacking! server on discord has found that loading opera:about or http://google.com/ before stylehax will (usually) fix any freezing. Also remember to give it 30 or more seconds to load.

For all asking which "boot.nds" ? It's described here: https://dsi.cfw.guide/

And :toot: another cool exploit for the good ol DSi :)

Last edited by Blauhasenpopo,

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe i'm dumb, but which "boot.nds" ?
A homebrew app of your choice, with the filename being boot.nds on the root of your SD card. A good fit would be TWiLight Menu++, GodMode9i, or hbmenu (as you can use those to launch other applications from a filemenu)

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A homebrew app of your choice, with the filename being boot.nds on the root of your SD card. A good fit would be TWiLight Menu++, GodMode9i, or hbmenu (as you can use those to launch other applications from a filemenu)
Thanks, ma friend....looked up in the Web and edited my post ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo