DSi, bottom screen fuzzy

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by kennypu, Jul 19, 2009.

Jul 19, 2009

DSi, bottom screen fuzzy by kennypu at 1:23 AM (2,854 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. kennypu
    OP

Member kennypu GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hey, I will probobly solve the problem by the time i get an answer, but just incase any body has had an similar experience.
    My L and R button has very bad response, so to fix the problem whethers its the button being loose or some dust, I decided to disassemble my DSi (i've taken apart many things so i am no beginner). After I put it back together, I noticed that the bottom screen is fuzzy and lighter in color. the way to describe it is like a TV channel with bad reception, the images are all fuzzy. I'm assuming the problem lies in the orange cable that I had to put back on when i disassembled it, but has anybody have had a similar problem, or no the direct cause? thanks in advance,
    Ken

2. Da-Bomb1

Member Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I'm guessing it's probably because you didn't put the ribbon cables in properly. Just make sure they're secure, and be CAREFUL. They're very fragile.

3. kennypu
    OP

United States
    i've had experience so i know x]
    but yea, i've tried taking out and reinserting the ribbon cables for the lower lcd, but no change xP. do you think the cables are damaged? i don't think so because i would assume that the images won't appear at all if it was damaged but yeah.. the touch screen works completly fine other than the fact that the colors are faded/dim.

4. Da-Bomb1

Canada
    Hm...could be damaged cables...dunno what else it could be, I don't think shorting out something on the board would do something like that.

5. kennypu
    OP

United States
    i doubt it but maybe it was my screw driver x3 cuz its the magnet kind. I'll disassemble it again to see if i can fix it. i can post images of what the bottom screen looks like if anybody is interested xP

6. Da-Bomb1

Canada
    Well, it's pretty hard to see stuff like that in pictures, but you might as well try.

7. EpicPie

Member EpicPie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Since you ruined your warranty, your first option should have been is to contact Nintendo and have them fix it for you.

8. kennypu
    OP

United States
    don't you think i would utilize warranty if i had it?
    My DSi was bought off of the japanese amazon last year(pre ordered), and I picked it up when I visited japan this year(cuz i go every year). Since I live here in america, there is no way I can send this to the japanese amazon easily, and I don't have a receipt anyways. so to answer your question, since the american nintendo doesn't support foreign goods (I am assuming), there is no way I can get it fixed, at least not for free.

9. SkH

Member SkH GBAtemp Maniac

Algeria
    My DSL had a fuzzy top screen too. The ribbon cable was damaged mid-way (though it was barely noticeable) and the picture on it was greenish and bad contrast. [​IMG]

10. Da-Bomb1

Canada
  11. kennypu
    OP

United States
    I looked at the ribbon cables closely, and saw a few dents, i'm assuming those are the damagese xP. Thanks Da-Bomb for the link i'll check it out.
    If anybody else knows where I can get screens cheaper, please let me know. Thanks

12. Da-Bomb1

Canada
    That's basically about as cheap as they get, seeing as how the DSi is so new.