Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So far team Cyclo DS and Acekard have been able to get their firmware up and running on the DSi, but yesterday whilst comparing a video on youtube to that of the ones released by team cyclo and acekard a really deep and sinister thought hit me.

The video that i saw on youtube showed some random guy that had 28 flashcards testing them out on the DSi, he was simply just putting one after the other in the DSi all to no avail. However i realized something, i realized that in that video (the one about the 28 flashcards) is that when he inserted the Acekard 2 and turned on the DSi the DSi Logo ACTUALLY appeared in the DSi however when he/she slected it the DSi failed to load it.

The point im getting to, with ALL my RESPECT to both the acekard team and team cyclo is that i don't believe that they where using their flashcards. I have reason to believe so due to the following: in the acekard vid (the one that they released showing their acekard running on the DSi) started stright away in the acekard menu, thus we didn't see the main menu of the DSi only untill the end, thus we can infer that the flashcard has nothing to do with how he/she got it to work. Some can argue that the acekard guy showed us that the acekard was actually inserted in the DSi, and i couldn't agree less. Yet i believe its there just to fool us. Just to show us that there is a flashcard there, and how come in the cyclo DS vid we didn't see the cyclo DS inserted in the DS? Weird... i dont think so. Regardless, im sure you remember the Yasu vid, well the vid was obviously using custom firmware and the way he /she terminated it was pressing the power button just like how the acekard guy did it. Don't you think its ironic that he soft rested back to the DSi menu through a flashcard where a flashcard is designed to load firmware to bypass NDS firmware! The acekard 2 was there just to make us feel and trick us.(sorry if that sounded wrong but i have offense against acekard or team cyclo), the whole feeling of this felt strange yet for the people who actually read this may agree with me that i have point here.

PLEASE remember that i have faith in team Cyclo DS and Acekard i have owned and still have some of their products and they are qulatity flascrds yet this is my thought of the DSi i.e. Flashcrds wont be used on it, instead Custom firmware.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. Yasu didn't use a flash-cart, rather a save exploitation.
2. Can you find a way to justify that they were not using a flashcart?

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
No, a custom firmware wasn't used. As od now, custom firmwares are impossible on the DSi due to the strong encryption Nintendo is using to protect the firmware. So only Nintendo can update the firmware without modifying the hardware of the DSi. So don't expect a custom firmware for the DSi anytime soon.

Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ferrariman said:
2. Can you find a way to justify that they were not using a flashcart?

Errmmm... how come the two teams didn't show us right from the beginning of their videos INSERTING and running their flashcards

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The carts are not being run in the normal way, otherwise it wouldn't really be a top-secret issue.

The AK and Cyclo teams have found methods (possibly the same method) to get their cards up and running. But it is not a viable method at the moment and requires some modification to achieve.

And if you don't believe that they were using their own carts, what does it matter? Surely the issue is when can any flashcard be run on the DSi - if they have had to modify the carts to do it, then that could explain the non-viability of the current method.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Maz7006 said:
Regardless, im sure you remember the Yasu vid, well the vid was obviously using custom firmware and the way he /she terminated it was pressing the power button just like how the acekard guy did it. Don't you think its ironic that he soft rested back to the DSi menu through a flashcard where a flashcard is designed to load firmware to bypass NDS firmware!
How does soft-resetting "prove" they were using a custom firmware? Also, some flashcarts were designed to bypass the DS and DSL firmwares, not the DSi.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok.They used a save game exploit not custom firmware.The reason they didn't show booting process was because they didn't want anyone to know how to do it.

shansoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
huh..

What does pressing power button has anything to do with video?

If you own a DSi, you should know DSi itself have a build-in restart...

just simply press the power button it will automatically goes back to the menu....

also..

Both of them are using their own card..

the problem that they did not show how they run the flashcart is because ...

THEY WANT TO ADVERTISE!!! ...

not even kidding about it, its pretty much a "SHOW OFF" video..

And I believe most people here knows about save game exploit, which is how they run the flashcart on DSi right now ...

thats why they cant, and dont want to show you how they operate it...

simply enough?

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
At last someone with sense.

These videos, all comparisons aside, are to generate HYPE and PUBLIC AWARENESS for their CURRENT products. In fact, all the tech news sites around the world putting CycloDS and AceKard in the minds of the masses was some major free publicity. DSi is the new hype, and anything related to hacking it will get mucho hits. Yes, even investigating hacking it.

Why do you think CycloDS followed-up so soon after AceKard with their own vid? So the spotlight is on their product too. It's almost Christmas, after all.

Welcome to the world of marketing.

shansoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
foob said:
At last someone with sense.

These videos, all comparisons aside, are to generate HYPE and PUBLIC AWARENESS for their CURRENT products. In fact, all the tech news sites around the world putting CycloDS and AceKard in the minds of the masses was some major free publicity. DSi is the new hype, and anything related to hacking it will get mucho hits. Yes, even investigating hacking it.

Why do you think CycloDS followed-up so soon after AceKard with their own vid? So the spotlight is on their product too. It's almost Christmas, after all.

Welcome to the world of marketing.

as I mention above...

Show off and advertising ....

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
shansoft said:
as I mention above...

Yeah, when I said "At last someone with sense", I was agreeing with you.
yaynds.gif

Generating interest / awareness in the companies and its products (and product category) for many who don't even know of them.

Tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of free publicity with a simple vid.

shansoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
foob said:
shansoft said:
as I mention above...

yaynds.gif

Generating interest / awareness in the companies and its products (and product category) for many who don't even know of them.

Tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of free publicity with a simple vid.

yep..

thats how market works
biggrin.gif

Fakie!

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Just a thought...

Would it be possible to load the flashcart OS through the save exploit? And if so, would it be able to access the MicroSD in your flashcart?

shansoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fakie! said:
Just a thought...

Would it be possible to load the flashcart OS through the save exploit? And if so, would it be able to access the MicroSD in your flashcart?

yes, thats how those cycloDS / AceKard scam video shows
tongue.gif

that is also the reason why they never show the part where it book the flashcart up from main menu..

Mod Chip Monster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ModChipMonster.com.au
XP
Country
shansoft said:
foob said:
shansoft said:
as I mention above...

yaynds.gif

yep..

thats how market works
biggrin.gif
You got it!

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maz7006 said:
So far team Cyclo DS and Acekard have been able to get their firmware up and running on the DSi, but yesterday whilst comparing a video on youtube to that of the ones released by team cyclo and acekard a really deep and sinister thought hit me.

The video that i saw on youtube showed some random guy that had 28 flashcards testing them out on the DSi, he was simply just putting one after the other in the DSi all to no avail. However i realized something, i realized that in that video (the one about the 28 flashcards) is that when he inserted the Acekard 2 and turned on the DSi the DSi Logo ACTUALLY appeared in the DSi however when he/she slected it the DSi failed to load it.

The point im getting to, with ALL my RESPECT to both the acekard team and team cyclo is that i don't believe that they where using their flashcards. I have reason to believe so due to the following: in the acekard vid (the one that they released showing their acekard running on the DSi) started stright away in the acekard menu, thus we didn't see the main menu of the DSi only untill the end, thus we can infer that the flashcard has nothing to do with how he/she got it to work. Some can argue that the acekard guy showed us that the acekard was actually inserted in the DSi, and i couldn't agree less. Yet i believe its there just to fool us. Just to show us that there is a flashcard there, and how come in the cyclo DS vid we didn't see the cyclo DS inserted in the DS? Weird... i dont think so. Regardless, im sure you remember the Yasu vid, well the vid was obviously using custom firmware and the way he /she terminated it was pressing the power button just like how the acekard guy did it. Don't you think its ironic that he soft rested back to the DSi menu through a flashcard where a flashcard is designed to load firmware to bypass NDS firmware! The acekard 2 was there just to make us feel and trick us.(sorry if that sounded wrong but i have offense against acekard or team cyclo), the whole feeling of this felt strange yet for the people who actually read this may agree with me that i have point here.

PLEASE remember that i have faith in team Cyclo DS and Acekard i have owned and still have some of their products and they are qulatity flascrds yet this is my thought of the DSi i.e. Flashcrds wont be used on it, instead Custom firmware.

First, of all they are using a lab ds. Didnt you read that on their videos? Which means they tinkered with the internals, including firmware of the dsi.
Second, that the two team's method are the same just because they were able to run their flashcart (or what you proclaim custom firmwares).

shansoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulAnger said:
Maz7006 said:

First, of all they are using a lab ds. Didnt you read that on their videos? Which means they tinkered with the internals, including firmware of the dsi.
Second, that the two team's method are the same just because they were able to run their flashcart (or what you proclaim custom firmwares).

meh, the video just a show off with advertising ...

we all know its save game exploit, nothing to do with DSi firmware, not even trying to hack it...

if we know which game that does the exploit, we all can do the same thing, but they wont say which game... because they like to make us think they can make the card working perfectly on DSi, and the first one to do so
biggrin.gif

ahtin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
there are some team(s) can run flashcarts/program with DSi that have not show us video, also AK is not using a AK2 or AKRPG for their video as they said

I have lots of flashcart and some passme devices include the original one, all fail to load at DSi, most(all) of the flashcart is using passme technology, this is the reason why flashcart didnt run on DSi now, changing the code for staring the DSi is the first step for running flashcart for DSi

this is some problem for selling a new starting code flashcart, 1. another flashcart will copy the staring code to their flashcart, profit will share with other factory, 2. Nintendo will stop the staring code with Update

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...