DSi 1.4.3 is out!

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Another World said:
i've had the programmers of two different teams tell me that they can continue to update what data the card responds with forever.
You mean basically up to the point that an entire ROM is included in the DStwo firmware to pass every possible check?
Kind of like the iEVO?
tongue.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
no, its much more simple then that.

check 1: see if the icon for the game is in the white list
check 2: query that game for data
...old flash kits respond with specific data
...new kits respond with any data (always the data being queried as long as the response file is updated)

the old kits would pass check 1 and then respond with the data for check 2. but as soon as nintendo blocked that specific check or that icon and that specific data (from how i understand it), the kit would need a new bootloader flash (new icon, new data to respond with). new kits the icon always passes and the data matched with it can be anything because the team can update just that part.

this is why on most "generation-2" flash kits we only need to update part of the file and not the entire bootloader (icon and all).

does that make more sense?

i really don't know the exact specifics. when i ask about it i always get general responses. i think the teams don't want to give away to much information.

-another world

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:

...new kits respond with any data (always the data being queried as long as the response file is updated)

the old kits would pass check 1 and then respond with the data for check 2. but as soon as nintendo blocked that specific check or that icon and that specific data (from how i understand it), the kit would need a new bootloader flash (new icon, new data to respond with). new kits the icon always passes and the data matched with it can be anything because the team can update just that part.

this is why on most "generation-2" flash kits we only need to update part of the file and not the entire bootloader (icon and all).

i really don't know the exact specifics. when i ask about it i always get general responses. i think the teams don't want to give away to much information.

-another world
Theoretically Nintendo could abruptly change the code to something completely different - or maybe something along the lines of what happened with DirecTV - and the software response would no longer function, no?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saffjhkj said:
[????='machomuu“??=”???????????04:05 AM'?= '3746084']
[????='??“?= '3746082'??=”2011?6?29??11:04 PM'] [????='machomuu“?= '3746075'??=”2011?6?29??09:00 PM'] [????='??“?= '3746068'??=”2011?6?29????10:57'] [??]??????????????????[/ QUOTE]

[??] [?????]
LOL????????????????????????????????????
[/??]

???

?????DSI?????????????????????????????....????

????flashcarts??????????
[/ QUOTE]
??????????????????????????????
[/ QUOTE]

???????????????

????“?????”??????????

????????????????????“?????????????”?????????
[/ QUOTE]
?????????“???”?“??????????????”?
[/ QUOTE]
I do not think so! I believe that the only true!
Don't be a troll.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Is it possible to block updates like on the Wii (Priiloader and modchips) so that the kids don't update the DSi before the flashcart is updated?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
petspeed said:
Is it possible to block updates like on the Wii (Priiloader and modchips) so that the kids don't update the DSi before the flashcart is updated?
Yes, enable parental controls on the DSi (say no to to all the irrelevant options), then erase all connection settings data in the system settings--> internet menu. Your kids will have to input your pin to add a new connection and connect. They're essentially blocked from the DSi's internet access so they can't update it.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Another World said:

-another world

lol made sense first time

very clever

so how the the Ievo boot DSi mode?
is it possible that other flashcards currently could use this method?

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Current working and non-working flashcards list!

Not working:
- Pandora 3DS
- iEdge
- TTDSi
- M3i Zero
- Supercard DS2
- Acekard 2i
- iPlayer
- Amazekard

Working:
- iSmart MM (with fix)
- CycloDS iEvo (DSi-Mode only)
- R4iDSN 3DS
- R4i Gold 3DS

Note: I still have about 8 flashcards to test
smile.gif
I cant do it now, ill do it later tonight

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
haddad said:
Current working and non-working flashcards list!

Not working:
- Pandora 3DS
- iEdge
- TTDSi
- M3i Zero
- Supercard DS2
- Acekard 2i
- iPlayer
- Amazekard

Working:
- iSmart MM (with fix)
- CycloDS iEvo (DSi-Mode only)
- R4iDSN 3DS
- R4i Gold 3DS

Note: I still have about 8 flashcards to test
smile.gif
I cant do it now, ill do it later tonight

dstwo is working
http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-8913-1-1.html

D

Deleted_171835

aminemaster said:
header destruction is not a threat there are over 5000 ds games so we have 5000 bootsraps we can use
nope.avi

There is a limited amount of games that can be used.

M3RK

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
darkartsgfx.com
XP
Country
TheDreamLord said:
When wil we expect the ttdsi to update? My sis uses it and she updated her dsi lol

id say at least a month if not longer ,they only just cracked the 1.42 update and they were one of the last to do so......i may be wrong but just a hunch.supercard dstwo are the fastest in the game right now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ defibeep: any mods available to help, I can't post a new thread about my switch issue