Homebrew DSHobro zero config server is down

Anakah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,I am running version 1.59 firmware on my Cyclods and am running vista on this comp.But I still can't use DSHobro because of the Zero configuration server appears to be down error,I have tried leaving the error window open as has been suggested on the DSHobro site,but that has yet to work.Is there a different version somewhere out there,or maybe someone who has managed to get it to work on vista that can help me out?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It should work just fine under Vista/7.
You have to leave the error message up on the PC and manually connect (not automatic connection) on the DS.

Anakah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post.

I still can't get it to get past the initializing wifi screen,it can't be that my CycloDs isn't able to connect to wifi,because I can still accept rescue missions from the online option in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon EoS,and BeUp works aswell.I have tried leaving the Zero Config window open to no avail and I have used the manual connect option (I tried using a unused ip in our range,the ip to a random comp on our network,and the ip to the comp with the server on it,still no dice.I am about to give up on using DSHobro because it is becoming more of a hassle than it is worth.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
  • Download DSHoBro 0.4
  • Copy DSHobro04.nds to my MicroSD
  • Run Server.exe, allow it in Windows Firewall
  • Click "Start" in the server window, error pops up (KEEP IT OPEN!)
  • Turn on DS and run DS Hobro
  • Press X on the main screen
  • Enter my PC's Local IP Address (192.168.1.101) and press A
  • QUOTE said:
    *** Initialising WiFi...
    *** WiFi connection successful.
    *** Contacting 192.168.1.101:666
    *** Authentication successful.[*]Innanets
QUOTE said:
You should have this on your desktop:
DSHobroServer.png

However, trying to do just about anything gives me:
QUOTE:: ERROR ::
Invalid response from server
[GetPageInfo]
Pess A to reconnect
The [GetPageInfo] varies on what I'm doing, but essentially, I have to reconnect every time.

Anakah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't work.I'll just continue using the Opera browser,it's a bit slow but it still gets the job done.
Thanks for trying to help though,it was much appreciated.

I'm just assuming it is something on my comp other than the firewall.I even forwarded the 666 port,and tried a different port,I also used as many sources as I could to find my IP address like the cmd commands ipconfig /all . ipconfig . netstat -n . whatismyip.org.It's probably because I am behind a router.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, I know what it is. :creep: