Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
DSHobro 0.4 released!
NDS Homebrew Browser gets an update
A new version of DSHobro (which stands for DS Homebrew Browser) was just released!
DSHobro allows you to surf the web from any WiFi access point, as long as you have an application running on your PC.

DSHobro 0.3 Demo

Here is the change log for this new version:
DSHobro 0.4 Change log said:
The changes in DSHobro 0.4 are:
* Multi-line text support. To insert a line break, just type /n in DSHobro.
* Upgraded DSWifi library to the latest version: connecting to Wifi AP now works a lot better. Transfer rates apparently haven't improved though.
* Manual configuration is now possible. You may enter your IP & port manually -- for those who had problems with the automatic configuration.
* Improved graphics slightly and corrected a few bugs.

download.gif
 Download DSHobro 0.4 from our Download Center
icon11.gif
 Visit the official website of DSHobro

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
no I didn't say I wasn't gonna update it.
I only said I had no plan, which was true. I just wanted to make sure people weren't hoping for a new version anytime soon.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, wait... it doesn't matter WHERE i connect, as long as i have the app running somewhere (and probably know an IP)... right?

Or do I have to connect to the same router as the PC running the app?

QUOTE said:
DSHobro allows you to surf the web from any WiFi access point, as long as you have an application running on your PC.

that's a little confusing...

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong because it's been so long since I last used homebrew on my DS. Anyway, I think you're supposed to have the app running on your PC at home while it's connected to the router in which you have the IP address for, that's configured into your DSHobro. Then connect to wifi anywhere and it should work.

B-BoyMP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Thatnks Constallo for that Nice homebrew, i will try it when i recieve my M3 DS Real ^^

good continuation

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My video demo on the GBATemp homepage? I'm honored. Keep in mind of course that your computer's specs also have a major impact on the speed of the browser, and since making that video I've gotten a better graphics card which makes the whole thing noticeably faster.

Nothing too major aside from multi-line text, but it's good to know that you haven't abandoned it completely. Good work.

dannywill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't connect with this version either, I use DS2Win no problem but DSHobro just dosn't connect.
I tried forwarding the port configured in the server app, I tried allsorts but still no joy.

DS2Win didn't need any ports forwarding or anything just click and go.
Why can't DSHobro be the same???

Infinitus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't work with WEP?

I could only get it to connect to my non-WEP router, which is on a different network completely. :/

haringtonl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm, sorry if I'm reviving a dead thread, but this isn't working for me. It connects fine, and I load the google homepage properly. When I try to click something, it comes up with that wifi sign and then nothing. When I try pressing select and typing in an address, it just stays on that google screen and has that little orange wifi thing in the center. Help? Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong