DSHobro 0.3 released

K

KaliKot

Yea it sucks when you have to have a server running on the computer. But its a good show nontheless

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow, this is making progress!

Btw, I also like the server-for-GBAtemp-users idea. I would've done it if I wasn't behind my dad's firewall
frown.gif

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
But can more than one person connect to a single server?

- Sam

yes of course this is possible.
However the idea of a unique server for multiple members doesn't seem feasible, for the following reasons:
- the server app runs under Windows, not Linux. Servers running under Windows Server are quite rare I think.
- the person that would host the application would have to hear the user's sounds, like when you try to watch a youtube video and get the sound on your pc
- in its current state, DSHobro has common sessions for all its users. It's using Internet Explorer, so if you're logged to GBAtemp, and someone else visits GBAtemp, they'll be automatically connected to your account too.

But yeah a common server would be great (I've already had the idea before) and if I can overcome all these issues it could become a great feature.

dualscreenman

Trophies
Website
kodewerx.net
XP
Country
United States
i dont want to break your fun about downloading files, but the max transfer rate for ds is like 10 kbps

what would you even want to download other then maybe some cache files, or small pics

which leads to:

do you think you can make it possible to upload imgs to say imageboards or photobucket?
That's where you're wrong. The DS's max transfer rate is around 2 mbits per second, which in my case is faster than my cable connection. (1.5 mbit)

primeboss

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I cant connect with this version. I tried A and B. I really like that you added the B. BUT it doesnt work. It worked with 0.2 but not 0.3. It always trys to connect a random ip that is not my PC. The B also doesnt work. It connects to an ip that is not mine ethir. Will you implement putting in the ip in bot A and B options

THANKS ANYWAY YOU ARE GREAT.

Just one more question. IS the internet option mean if i kepp my pc on and running the server i can connect to it with my ds if i got to mcdonalds.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I cant connect with this version. I tried A and B. I really like that you added the B. BUT it doesnt work. It worked with 0.2 but not 0.3. It always trys to connect a random ip that is not my PC. The B also doesnt work. It connects to an ip that is not mine ethir. Will you implement putting in the ip in bot A and B options

I've already answered this question on my blog, I'll paste the answer here again:

"Boss": to use the B mode you need to forward the port you selected in DShobro, in your router/modem/firewall configuration.
I'll add something: if you don't know how to configure your router or you can't forward a port, then I'm afraid you'll have to wait for the next version (3.1) in which I'll put back the manually entered IP address.

QUOTEJust one more question. IS the internet option mean if i kepp my pc on and running the server i can connect to it with my ds if i got to mcdonalds.
Yes, thats what the internet option is for.
However, it requires that you configure your firewall or router to accept communications between DSHobro on your PC and DSHobro on your DS. To do so you need to forward a port, the port that you select when you start DSHobro.
Also in the DSHobro server, check the "enable remote access" option before starting the server, and write the key down.

Smealum: thanks
biggrin.gif

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting the error "Your connection is broken, or the Zero-Configuration Server is down. Please try again later." Running server.exe on a Windows 2003 Server machine.

Edit: The server works when I run it off my laptop. However, I'm still having the same problem I had with the last version; After hitting A in DSHobro, it sits at "** Initialising WiFi..." and never does anything.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Click the field you want to type in, which should make the page refresh. Hit Select and choose the GUI option for entering text. Once done, hit Enter. The page should refresh with your text in the box.

Myrstidal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Well, this isn't working for me whatsoever...

Does it work with the Nintendo USB Wifi Connector? (The USB dongle you can buy.)

It doesn't pick up a SINGLE signal, not even the one from my neighbour's router...

It doesn't do ANYTHING, it just sits and states: "** Initialising Wifi..."

I tried using both local network and remote network. I tried it on two computers and I am sure I am using the right .nds file. (Not the Supercard one.)

So, is this happening to anybody else?

-h4ck3r-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bentemple.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting the error "Your connection is broken, or the Zero-Configuration Server is down. Please try again later." Running server.exe on a Windows 2003 Server machine.

Edit: The server works when I run it off my laptop. However, I'm still having the same problem I had with the last version; After hitting A in DSHobro, it sits at "** Initialising WiFi..." and never does anything.
Yeah, I have the same problem and I would like to get it resolved, this looks like an awesome app. edit: It just sits there saying "initialising wifi..."

jmm0070

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
ok, i noticed that you are very active here so i wanted to post he flaws I found in your (awesome) app, which i posted in ds-sxcene forums:

"ok i tried this app to its full potential and here are the results:

gmail- worked, but after entering the username, when trying to enter pass, the select menu just showed some piece of the url over the image, thus i couldn't type in the password.

youtube- (flv) worked, but it would be nice if the video was also downloaded into the ds as cache and played in place, (some flv and swf players in ds would be really nice) not just as snapshots.

runescape (no-keyboard complex javascript game)- did not work- everything loaded fine, but when i tried to send the image to the ds, only a white box appeared where the game is supposed to be, even if it worked perfectly in the pc (server).

also there is a flaw with the server running in the pc (which btw appear in tray as 0.2, I dunno why :S, since the buttons to view the running servers hardly work (hard to make them respond). Pls fix these flaws if possible, since I think that your Idea of using the cpu's capacities for a full webbrowser are really amazing and have an enormous potential, just needs fine-tuning."

I would also like to add a problem with the text input (I know you will fix it but anyways...) is that when you write too much the keyboard buttons begin dissapearing to make space for the text and then you can't continue writing... (wtf?)

Also, pls see what is happening with javascript flash games (some as runescape could actually be played, since you just send touch commands tin order to activate actions, which could be then just be seen again as snapshots) actions.

ANOTHER THING TO THE GUY THAT SAID THAT DOWNLOADING WAS NOT POSSIBLE!!!!!! DSOrganize 3.05's webbrowser is able to download files into a specific folder of your choice and its really fats, so you don't come here underestimating developers, cause i've tested it and it's waaay faster than 10kb/s (that depends on the server), in fact, it downloaded a 14,2 kb torrent in an unoticeable time (i wasn't even able to catch a sight of the downloading bar). In addition, as this amazing app gats the thing first into the pc and then sends them into the ds (really fast), I think that it could download as fast as wifitransfer 1.0RC set to its minimum dls (about up to 30kb/s or more in faster internet connections than mine, assuming you are using a router for wifi as me).

Congratz for you app, its by far one of the best wip webbrowsers in ds, and will probably turn into the best one. If you fix what I told you, you will probably win the next Dev-fr competition
biggrin.gif

edit: i forgot to mention that there is a problem with selecting things in a scrolldown list (ms acces style, ie the selection side scrollbar in ds-scene downloads section), what can only be made from the pc; and nice work with the auto configuration, no one else had done that before and it was really difficult to set the configs for other apps as beuplive, which in addition don't let you enter from other acces points unless you kow that point's network ip...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: