Hacking DS2: Possibility of 2010 release

rich333

Trophies
XP
Country
nintendo are smart, they will have a Wii2 (WiiHD or whatever) & a DS2 on the ready, but will continue to 'fine tune' it (delay release) until sales have dropped for there old systems. They still have alot to milk with the DSi & DSi XL - DSi Ware & DSi Virtual Console (which i'm sure the ability to play old Gameboy games would get a fair amount of sales) & a quality 1st party DSi Enhanced games would boost DSi Sales as well.

They have just released a Black Wii & DSi/XL, reminds me of the coloured gameboys they released before they introduced the coloured screen... I suspect they will release a WiiHD, and montion plus controls built in to the remote, but will prob see how the PS3 motion controlls goes for the first 6-12 months to see if theres any changes they should make to outdo them.... but apart from that I doubt they'll invest too much into developing a new system

I cant see a DS2 being released so soon after the DSi XL - they are good at milking the market for all its worth & will release the upgrade when its a good business decision, not just because its ready now. Both the Wii & DSi are showing signs that a new one will arrive soon due to the variants released (black wii & Dsi's) sales is the only thing that will determine which will come first & when. & they will prob release them a year apart as to market them seperatly would be better for sales.

I would expect a new wii christmas 2011 & a new dsi 2012 or the other way around if DSi sales are shit

murkurie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I so hope it's plays DS games also. But Nintendo has been the best with backwards compatibility( I don't mind the GBA being off my DSi, that's what my ds lite's for). Gamecube specs in a handheld sounds great, I bet there using a Nvidia tegra 2.

stuffnflufff

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^ rich333 said exactly what i was thinking, although DS2 COULD be this year though, because the DSi XL was kinda like the UMD-less psp was. just an add on, an option for people who want a larger screen. other than that, rich has wealth in his ideas (sorry for the terrible pun)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl: +1