DS2: Possibility of 2010 release

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Domo, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Domo
    OP

Domo Member

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2008
    United States
  2. haflore

haflore aeternaliter fluxa

Dec 4, 2009
    United States
    We can only hope.

For extra speculation look here.

3. rich333

rich333 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 7, 2009
    nintendo are smart, they will have a Wii2 (WiiHD or whatever) & a DS2 on the ready, but will continue to 'fine tune' it (delay release) until sales have dropped for there old systems. They still have alot to milk with the DSi & DSi XL - DSi Ware & DSi Virtual Console (which i'm sure the ability to play old Gameboy games would get a fair amount of sales) & a quality 1st party DSi Enhanced games would boost DSi Sales as well.

They have just released a Black Wii & DSi/XL, reminds me of the coloured gameboys they released before they introduced the coloured screen... I suspect they will release a WiiHD, and montion plus controls built in to the remote, but will prob see how the PS3 motion controlls goes for the first 6-12 months to see if theres any changes they should make to outdo them.... but apart from that I doubt they'll invest too much into developing a new system

I cant see a DS2 being released so soon after the DSi XL - they are good at milking the market for all its worth & will release the upgrade when its a good business decision, not just because its ready now. Both the Wii & DSi are showing signs that a new one will arrive soon due to the variants released (black wii & Dsi's) sales is the only thing that will determine which will come first & when. & they will prob release them a year apart as to market them seperatly would be better for sales.

I would expect a new wii christmas 2011 & a new dsi 2012 or the other way around if DSi sales are shit

4. murkurie

murkurie GBAtemp Fan

Feb 16, 2010
    United States
    California, Redlands
    I so hope it's plays DS games also. But Nintendo has been the best with backwards compatibility( I don't mind the GBA being off my DSi, that's what my ds lite's for). Gamecube specs in a handheld sounds great, I bet there using a Nvidia tegra 2.

5. stuffnflufff

stuffnflufff GBAtemp Regular

Feb 22, 2010
    Canada
    ^ rich333 said exactly what i was thinking, although DS2 COULD be this year though, because the DSi XL was kinda like the UMD-less psp was. just an add on, an option for people who want a larger screen. other than that, rich has wealth in his ideas (sorry for the terrible pun)