DS-XL and flashcarts

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by canderousa, Apr 6, 2010.

Apr 6, 2010

DS-XL and flashcarts by canderousa at 7:57 PM (2,004 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. canderousa
    OP

Member canderousa GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Which flashcarts will work on the new DS-XL? I'd guess that any "i" flashcart will work. Is that correct?

2. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Anything that works on a normal DSi does.
    So yeah basically anything with an i in it (except for iTouch and I think iPlayer).

Also, since you're posting in the R4 section, I reccomend the AceKard2i/M3i Zero/SuperCard DS2 (soon) instead

3. canderousa
    OP

United States
    Yea...i have an R4 and I love it. It rarely gives me problems [​IMG]

i'm running latest YSMENU with DSTT 1.17a12 (all the latest DATS). So i dont get why everyone tells me to switch to Acekard....

4. CrimzonEyed

Member CrimzonEyed GBAtemp's Assassin

Japan
    im going to pre-order DStwo when possible from ShopTEMP

5. Amber Lamps

Banned Amber Lamps Banned

United States
    As long as it is an R4i RTS or R4i SDHC you're fine. If you have a cheap knockoff R4 then that may be why. Plus Acekard fans tend to be pretty stubborn especially when hearing R4 mentioned. I own all of the best cards and yes that includes R4i RTS. I never come across problems because I don't play any of the obscure games that people always rack their brains against trying to get to work. The best games for the DS came out before the DSi even existed. But on the other hand the latest Zelda game does work fine on all of my cards. They all require a crack and hacked save to work as far as I know. I haven't tried it on my acekard. Actually my acekard sees the least use because I am kind of tired of all the belly aching from Acekard users about other carts which have superior solid state components inside of them. Acekard works good but its internals are inferior unless you managed to pick up an early design. The one without the chip bulge is a cheap pos but it works fine.

I still would recommend an M3i Zero over an R4i RTS though. Acekard users claim that they have the least issues with roms which may or may not be true but no card is absolutely perfect. We'd be close if there was a cyclowiz DSi but that does not exist and by now it should have been out so I would not hold my breath.

R4i RTS = $12.50 shipped
    M3i Zero = ~$18 shipped I assume
    Acekard 2i = $12.50 shipped afaik, old version probably would run somewhere near $17 shipped
    CycloDS = no DSi compatability and runs you somewhere around $50 total waste of cash.
    M3 Real = same internals as a CycloDS but less features, nobody on this message board will admit that though because they are all cyclods and acekard fanboys

6. canderousa
    OP

United States
    well said. i agree with you on almost all your points!

7. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Your definition of the M3 DS Real is the definition of the iEDGE, not the M3.

8. gameguy95

Banned gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

United States
    you are thinking of m3 brand r4's
    so i could buy a M3 Real and put the Cyclo Firmware on it !_! yay!

9. Yanazake

Member Yanazake GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    THis is interesting... and annoying. I might get an Acekart with DSXL if I ever get nuts and buy it, but I'd really stick with the Cyclo if I could... I mean, it DOES run some games before other carts, just like Acekart does too, but I'm more concerned about this issue thanks to the 3DS feature... I'd need a DSi /XL and a good flashcart for it to be able to play. :/

10. Porobu

Member Porobu Gbatemps Shiny Latias

Spain