Hacking DS-X not 100% COmpatible

Darkspark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just received DS-X couple of days ago and was absolutely thrilled and satisfied until my backup image file froze during game play. I tested some others and found out while most work, these files below either froze during game play or would not start:

Phoenix Wright - froze during Larry Butz prosecution
Nintendogs Dalmation - constantly crashes
Mario Vs Donkey Kong 2 - doesn't start

Homebrew [Comicbook DS] - doesn't start

at first I thought any image file over 64mb did not work but some of other files work. I'm wondering if I received a defective unit or if this is a compatibility issue. Can anyone test above roms and let me know?

I dont know about the others, but on my ez4lite, nintendogs dalmatians always freezes when Im about 10 minute into play, or loses the save data.

I would give it at least 7 just for the cool lights on the cartridge.

djac

Trophies
XP
Country
I just received DS-X couple of days ago and was absolutely thrilled and satisfied until my backup image file froze during game play. I tested some others and found out while most work, these files below either froze during game play or would not start:

at first I thought any image file over 64mb did not work but some of other files work. I'm wondering if I received a defective unit or if this is a compatibility issue. Can anyone test above roms and let me know?

Have a DS-X have been playing Mario Vs donkey Kong 2 and it works no problems at all(have actually almost cleared it deadly game). Only games I've had problems with are Advanced wars 2 and Mario and luigi 2 (save file issue they claim issue will be fixed with firmware upgrade)and thats it so far any other game I've thrown at it works 1st time no issues. Haven't started on the homebrew side of things yet to busy playing DK Vs Mario 2

Nintendogs Dalmation
Phoenix Wright

Tested both and no problems at all.(except the dog I picked was stupid ya think it could obey a simple command)

Hope this helps. if your getting the odd problem I'd send it back and wait for new cart wouldn't even wait for a firmware update.

D

Deleted User

QUOTE said:
What were they thinking putting dancing leds on a flashcart?

Well it's a FLASH card after all, isn't it?
rofl2.gif
priceless!
After all you don't need to enable those dancing LEDs, do you? And in my opinion 512MB is not even near enough memory for decent MP3 playback (regardless of the fact that you can get a cheaper 1GB iPod shuffle to do this for you).

|WickeD&#12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

ace205wkd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

at first I thought any image file over 64mb did not work but some of other files work. I'm wondering if I received a defective unit or if this is a compatibility issue.  Can anyone test above roms and let me know?

Have a DS-X have been playing Mario Vs donkey Kong 2 and it works no problems at all(have actually almost cleared it deadly game). Only games I've had problems with are Advanced wars 2 and Mario and luigi 2 (save file issue they claim issue will be fixed with firmware upgrade)and thats it so far any other game I've thrown at it works 1st time no issues. Haven't started on the homebrew side of things yet to busy playing DK Vs Mario 2

Nintendogs Dalmation
Phoenix Wright

Tested both and no problems at all.(except the dog I picked was stupid ya think it could obey a simple command)

Hope this helps. if your getting the odd problem I'd send it back and wait for new cart wouldn't even wait for a firmware update.

It seems that after playing with it - transferring and dumping roms - most of the roms started playing without a hitch. So now Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 2 works flawlessly but Phoenix Wright and Nintendogs Dalamation's crash problems still persist. Phoenix Wright starts off good then all of sudden during Larry Butz prosecution, game freezes. Nintendogs will crash about 5-10 mins into the game. I figure since all other roms work, I conclude this to be the compatibility issue. Hopefully firmware update will solve this. Thanks for your replies.

Debian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Phoenix Wright and Mario vs Donkey Kong 2 are working fine with me, I got a problem with Mario and Luigi: partners in time.. When I boot it shows a whitescreen for several minutes after which it boots quite 'normal' but its still slow in saving en retrieving save data from the disk. Gameplay works fine. I haven't got much experience but it seems a problem to me. It looks likes the DS-X has several different issues with different people.

screwed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
well they must be doing good, most online shops are sold out and awaiting second batch. With pre-orders.
If this is a sign of success, I hope the DS-X crew take it to them to keep updating and developing for their project.

...and just when I was gonna order one!
tongue.gif

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bought the DS-X, and the games it currently doesn't work with I could care less about. But it's easy enough to use with enough storage and enough features for me. I like it better than the Slot 2 solutions.

Is it perfect, no. Will it be, no. Will Acekard be, no. Will anything be perfect, no. Is it close, um, yeah. Could it be better, sure. Could M3 be better, sure.

It's like picking mod chips for the XBOX. There's so many, and each one does the same thing with it's own unique features, apps, twists, and bugs. Pick the one you like the best.

sixb0nes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I bought the DS-X, and the games it currently doesn't work with I could care less about. But it's easy enough to use with enough storage and enough features for me. I like it better than the Slot 2 solutions.

Is it perfect, no. Will it be, no. Will Acekard be, no. Will anything be perfect, no. Is it close, um, yeah. Could it be better, sure. Could M3 be better, sure.

It's like picking mod chips for the XBOX. There's so many, and each one does the same thing with it's own unique features, apps, twists, and bugs. Pick the one you like the best.

Ugh. I hate when people mess up this expression. It's "I could not care less," since you're implying that you don't care at all about those games, it is no longer possible for you to care any less about the games then your current disposition.

Enjoy your faulty games, pitiful compatibility, and having to use paper to make the unit fit inside your NDS.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
We don't know that yet as none of our affiliate have got them in stock.
We will be posting a good quality video review of the DSx too

CacheSyntax

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Quick note: we are currently in the process of writing a "2nd opinion review" of the DS-Xtreme!

Hey there Costello, just had a quick question for you.

When do you think the "2nd opinion" review will be available? I'm considering purchasing a DS-X today, but I'd like to catch that review first.

Of course, I don't wish to rush anything, but someone already implied that a "second opinion" review wouldn't go well, however I'm hoping it does.

Thanks,
Cache

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0