really wanting to try zelda out, no fix yet and none probably coming :'(
frown.gif

emmsmama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a DS-X, it's working fine now, but I wish I would have come to these forums before buying it. Dh knew a guy at work that had one and liked it so he said it was a good card. I had no idea there were better options out there for a fraction of the price. So I don't have any complaints about how the card functions, I'm just ticked off that I paid so much for it not knowing all the options out there. Usually dh is the computer guru who knows all this stuff so I trust his judgement, but from now on I'm doing my own research as well
smile.gif

Jawas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

jayx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its sad when the users come out witha fix before the actual company. Just goes to show you this fix is like a 2 minute job for the team and they arent doing it.

pbolmstedt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its sad when the users come out witha fix before the actual company. Just goes to show you this fix is like a 2 minute job for the team and they arent doing it.
Back in the good old days, w4r3z groups would crack protected software before releasing it. They didn't just write "you need the right hardware" in the intro scroller.

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
Its sad when the users come out witha fix before the actual company. Just goes to show you this fix is like a 2 minute job for the team and they arent doing it.
Well technically, this is patching each file. I'd assume that the DS-X team is trying to make a more permanent way to run these new games rather than having to patch each game (with some patcher that overwrites the old ARM7 files). Then again, I have little faith in the DS-X team, so we should probably just pray.
Those people who think we're making so much fuss over a single game - they have updated the Arm7 codes and the DS-X team has not done shit. That means all future games may have this new ARM7 protection, leading me to believe that, from now on, games will not be playable on the DS-X. It also goes to show how long the DS-X team takes to come out with updates and how shady they are (by deleting posts and banning users). We have a reason to be upset -- one game, or a thousand.

Neuromancer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its sad when the users come out witha  fix before the actual company. Just goes to show you this fix is like a 2 minute job for the team and they arent doing it.

Well technically, this is patching each file. I'd assume that the DS-X team is trying to make a more permanent way to run these new games rather than having to patch each game (with some patcher that overwrites the old ARM7 files). Then again, I have little faith in the DS-X team, so we should probably just pray.
Those people who think we're making so much fuss over a single game - THEY HAVE UPDATED THE ARM7 CODES AND THE DS-X TEAM HAVE NOT. that means all future games may have this new ARM7 protection, also meaning that, from now on, games will not be playable on the DS-X. It also goes to show how long the DS-X team takes to come out with updates and how shady they are (by deleting posts and banning users). We have a reason to be upset -- one game, or a thousand.

I've been saying this on the official forums forever, but everyone still keeps going with the "You don't have to play Zelda that bad." I don't care about Zelda, I care about the fact that since this new protection obviously works, everyone who makes NDS games would be foolish not to include the eeprom check on ALL games...

tanky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im sorry but im a real n00b that just wants to play Zelda...someone please help!

I must be missing something coz i followed the link and read the instructions but it says you need the jap and us version of a game for this to work...but zelda is not out in us version is it? so how are people getting this to work??

could someone pls post some superN00B steps to getting this to work?

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Im sorry but im a real n00b that just wants to play Zelda...someone please help!

I must be missing something coz i followed the link and read the instructions but it says you need the jap and us version of a game for this to work...but zelda is not out in us version is it? so how are people getting this to work??

could someone pls post some superN00B steps to getting this to work?

Well, I called 'Sherlock' and explained the situation and I think he has come up with a winning solution to this perplexing connundrum... god bless that man.

Sherlocks' solution-> "use the arm7 file from the jap hoshigami rom, my dear watson"

genious, shear genious

wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, and blood and bones