Hacking ds wpa project

hammydude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, so on google i found this site here: http://geekboy.ca/wifi/?cat=2

They claim to have a program that flashes your ds so it can do wpa, here are the insturcions they provided:

"Installation:

- Unpack the tarball.

- Copy the file "RFloader.bin" to the root directory of an otherwise blank media card.

- Load the card into your EZ-Loader and make sure that the "registered" LED flashes.

- Insert you EZ-Loader into your DS and hold the "PASS" button down while turning on the DS. Hold the button down until the DS powers itself down.

- Remove the EZ-Loader and restart your DS. The "WEP" selection on the WFC setup screen will now prompt you to enter your WPA key.

- Enjoy.

WARNING: DO NOT SWITCH OFF YOUR DS AT ANY TIME DURING THE LOAD. DO NOT RELEASE THE "PASS" BUTTON UNTIL THE DS POWERS DOWN ON ITS OWN. FAILURE TO OBSERVE EITHER OF THESE PRECAUTIONS WILL BRICK YOUR DS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Version History:

v 0.01: First release. Adds WPA functionality.
"

has anyone used this before? and is there any way you can use this on the supercard, as i do not have the ez loader? thanks!

GSBS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bumping this to the front. If this thing is legit (and not a bricker,) I'd happily trade never being able to use WEP again. But as the thing only comes in a .bin, I wouldn't know where to start to safely install this thing with my R4.

captain^k

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I have been thinking precisely the same thing GSBS.. might pay to send an email to the author and get some things cleared up
smile.gif

Like, is it even real?

If so, how do you install it
tongue.gif

Hammydude is right about all the release archives having the 0.01 release in it though
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: 4th wife