Hacking Ds won't detect acekard2

Prons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Our DS Lite won't detect the Acekard2 anymore, it used to be we could get it to work after a couple system resets, but now the DS won't detect it all, even after taking the acekard 2 out, taking the sd card out, etc. etc.

What can I do?
hate2.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Try to blow in the DS. It may help.

That, or maybe put a small piece of paper next to the Acekard 2 when you insert it then turn it on. That's how we fixed it on defective SCDS1s awhile back, so it's possible that it could work here too.

Prons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit of an update, it semes to work great unless a game crashes. Like if a game freezes and we turn the ds off, it can take a lot of effort to get the DS to recognize the cart again.

Any clue?
smile.gif

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clean the contacts of the ak2 and try blowing the ds out

Posts merged

Clean the contacts of the ak2 and try blowing the ds out

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Automatic mode is to automatically load the last rom u fully loaded the last time and no that wont solve the ds not seeing the card

ROM Troll

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reference this

Before our issue worked itself out, I considered warming the card up and placing it between a couple of hard cover books with weight on top so the plastic housing would cool off straight. Making passes over it with a hair dryer is probably the simplist way to control the heat. Take your time gradually building the heat up and checking the housing by feel. I would try to keep the heat directly off the exposed copper contact as well as keeping the label side facing down. You may want to put something between the dryer and the card such as a thin, dry wash cloth.

And I'm assuming you reformatted the sdcard, these things get corrupted a lot easier than a hard drive.

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
Try to blow in the DS. It may help.

That, or maybe put a small piece of paper next to the Acekard 2 when you insert it then turn it on. That's how we fixed it on defective SCDS1s awhile back, so it's possible that it could work here too.

joey90, already said learn to read

Prons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot guys, I told my brother your guy's suggestions, and I haven't heard any complaints or massive cursing since then, so I guess it worked
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat