DS Takes PSP's UK Sales Record

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Nov 28, 2007.

Nov 28, 2007

DS Takes PSP's UK Sales Record by Hadrian at 1:48 PM (1,362 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Source

"Nintendo has ripped up the record books, with its DS handheld last week selling over 191,000 units, according to official ChartTrack data – more than any other hardware format has ever achieved in a seven-day period.

Nintendo revealed the news to MCV this morning, with a spokesperson offering: “We’re obviously delighted to be able to announce this.

"Momentum has been increasing on DS sales and to achieve the highest weekly sales figure ever in the history of the games market is fantastic.”

The previous record for weekly hardware sales was set by PSP when it launched on September 1st 2005 and shifted around 185,000 units in its first week."

Wtf? I guess thats Xmas panic buying for you, but why that week? There wasn't anything big out, no good deals or anything. I'd expect this of the Wii with that being advertised very well over here and Mario Galaxy being released but not the DS.

2. Nomearod

Member Nomearod GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    It's weird but maybe it's just because of Xmas. People are starting to but they xmas's presents.

But it's really a great achievement sell so many consoles in a week all this time after the launch. Nintendo is really owning the competition [​IMG]

I wouldn't be surprised if the next weeks were even better.

3. Banger

Member Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

United States
    That is a good amount of sales. Keep it up Nintendo!!!

4. sekhu

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    I believe it was black friday in the US which may account for the record sales?

5. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    Might be a little off topic, but I read this in the morning:

That's 43,333 each day, 57 each hour, one each minute [​IMG]

That's truly impressive, now we need some better games.

6. JohnDrake

Banned JohnDrake Banned

United Kingdom
    Most of the shops in my area have very little psp stuff. And the one's that do have pushed it all into a corner.

7. Foie

Member Foie That one guy

United States
    Actually, that's 43,333 each day, 1805 each hour, and 30 each second [​IMG] Even more crazy [​IMG]

8. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Whats that got to do with UK sales? [​IMG]

9. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    Last Christmas in the UK the DS lite had sold out near christmas. I take no notice of the sales figures when a handheld is launched. Sony will send the PSP to every store that will take it. Every PSP they send to a store counts as 1 being sold even though it isn't and could be stuck on the stores shelf for months. This is the reason why the PS3 sold well in the first week, as it didn't and you just needed to look at the stores to see them stocked full of them.