Buleste

Old Fart
OP
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
I was wondering if anyone has managed to get DS Star Chart fully working yet on their card.

I'm using a SCDS2 with EOS 1.11 and after a few fails I found that you can actually get to the main menu if you place the DSSTARCHART.nds and the DSSTARCHART folder into the root of your SD card but I've not actually managed to get it to show anything yet as I touch the screen and get two black screens.

pokeball29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-- Is it DLDI patched and did it ask you about your latitude and longitude?
-- Yeah, and I just posted the star cataog on the palib forums so you should actually be able to see the stars now..
Sorry
smile.gif

Buleste

Old Fart
OP
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
All the cards I use (Supercard DSTwo and AceKard 2i) don't need DLDI patching as they are modern cards with auto DLDI compatability so that was not the issue.

Yes I could input the longitude and latitude however if the DSSTARCHART folder was not in the root directory then the Main screen would not show up. I think that you should put in the install information that the DSSTARCHART folder should be in the Root Directory or if you can you should alter the programme so that you can define where the DSSTARCHART folder with an .ini file so that the root directory doesn't get all clogged up.

Now that the star catalogue has been uploaded I will have a look at seeing if you can launch the .nds from anywhere and where the Star Catalogue has to go.

EDIT:

O.K. Now there is a star catalogue it works.

However I have a few niggles.

1) If you press the R shoulder button it brings some garbled images on the screen whilst it's held down.
2) You can see all the stars etc but there appears to be no way of identifying what you're attempting to look at (no names).
3) A search function so you can find planets, stars or galactic clusters would be nice.
4) If you scroll either left or right then the stars that are going off the screen briefly appear on the opposite side.

Still as a first release it's good.

pokeball29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I know but it is just a very rough release (and my first project) but I will try to get it better soon...
Glad you like it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.