DS Phat's touchscreen doesn't display anything when reassemble

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by realsamx, Apr 9, 2009.

1. realsamx
    OP

Newcomer realsamx Newbie

Austria
    Hi, I recently tried to transfer my DS phat to a new shell, unfortunately when I've just about reassembled everything, the touchscreen fails to display anything. The backlight works, and so does inputting stuff into the touchscreen, unfortunately I can't see a thing on it. Everything else is fine though.

I'm sure I reconnected the ribbon cables correctly (they aren't damaged as far as I can see). Does anyone have a solution to this? I'm kinda regretting taking it apart now.

Also does anyone know how to stop the buttons from becoming loose?

Thanks.

2. realsamx
    OP

Newcomer realsamx Newbie

Austria
    I think I have figured out what may possibly be the main issue - the ribbon cable for the bottom screen may not be all the way into the connector - according to the image above step 5 of this guide http://m3wiki.com/index.php/How_to_dismantle_a_Nintendo_Ds the black part of the end of the ribbon cable should be lined up with the white line parallel to it.

Unfortunately when I tried reassembling the DS, I cannot push the ribbon cable in far enough - the black part is out of line with the white line by around one to two millimetres. Anyone got any tips on getting it lined up?