1. realsamx

OP realsamx Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    Hi, I recently tried to transfer my DS phat to a new shell, unfortunately when I've just about reassembled everything, the touchscreen fails to display anything. The backlight works, and so does inputting stuff into the touchscreen, unfortunately I can't see a thing on it. Everything else is fine though.

I'm sure I reconnected the ribbon cables correctly (they aren't damaged as far as I can see). Does anyone have a solution to this? I'm kinda regretting taking it apart now.

Also does anyone know how to stop the buttons from becoming loose?

Thanks.

2. realsamx

OP realsamx Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    I think I have figured out what may possibly be the main issue - the ribbon cable for the bottom screen may not be all the way into the connector - according to the image above step 5 of this guide http://m3wiki.com/index.php/How_to_dismantle_a_Nintendo_Ds the black part of the end of the ribbon cable should be lined up with the white line parallel to it.

Unfortunately when I tried reassembling the DS, I cannot push the ribbon cable in far enough - the black part is out of line with the white line by around one to two millimetres. Anyone got any tips on getting it lined up?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - touchscreen, reassemble, anything