DS Online Shops - EU

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by kicknhorse, Jun 30, 2011.

Jun 30, 2011

DS Online Shops - EU by kicknhorse at 2:57 PM (615 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. kicknhorse
    OP

Member kicknhorse GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I realise it is a bit of a long shot, but I thought I may enquire to you guys for some help.

Do any of you know any decent online shops that sell DS Games, mainly quite rare and more old/out of print ones which they happen to still have in stock.

I sometimes use coolshop which have the occassional old gem, but not what I am looking for unfortunately.

The company needs to be Europe based selling PAL games, preferrably with English covers.

Thank you all in advance!

2. Buleste

Member Buleste Old Fart

United Kingdom
    You do realise there is no such thing as a PAL DS game? PAL is a TV display standard and as the DS doesn't display anything on a TV there is no PAL or NTSC when it comes to the DS.

3. UniqueGeek

Member UniqueGeek PMD Researcher

United States
  4. kicknhorse
    OP

Member kicknhorse GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    You are completely right. I wasn't really thinking as I was typing and had just finished reading a few things about different regions. Thank you for pointing it out though.

Ok, I mean standard EU pressings.

--- Unfortunately Amazon does not have everything I am looking for, or if they do it is grossly overpriced. Ebay is a fail to in the respect that they rarely exist.

5. Buleste

Member Buleste Old Fart

United Kingdom
    If you know what games you're after then just google it.

There's not enough profit in the sort of thing you want for there to be one definitive shop (especially as you want rare and cheap) so you're just going to have to hunt individually.

6. Sora de Eclaune

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    You could try http://www.play-asia.com because they usually have some games from Europe. The bonus is all the Japanese imports they have for sale. I don't know if it's Europe based, but it's a pretty good place to buy from.

7. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    I second Play Asia, also remember the DS is region free.

8. yuka001

Member yuka001 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Sometimes play.com have games that are out of stock elsewhere... but maybe not super rare or old stuff. What are you looking for specifically?

9. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    for europeans ordering something for over €20(incl. shipping) at play-asia can be very expensive.
    i bought a silicon case and game case for my 3DS there(€15, used €18 shipping because i needed them before going on vacation) and i had to pay €22 on taxes and import fees.
    and trust me, if you go over €20 you WILL pay, customs seem to check every single package that comes from play-asia.
    i think it's based in hong-kong.

aside from www.amazon.co.uk you could also try www.amazon.de
    "same" store, but they have different items because they use local 3rd party sellers.
    if you can't find what you're looking for at either of their sites, you should also check the sellers from related items.
    i got super mario world GBA through a seller i found on amazon.de when i bought my GBmicro.

www.freerecordshop.nl is a dutch store that sometimes has a few hard-to-find games (i got avalon code through their webstore)
    they ship worldwide, and have low shipping costs.