Hacking DS Lite wont turn on

foaley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought a used ds from ebay that wont turn on also the power switch was broken I have checked both fuses and they are ok tries a brand new battery , I think it charges ok as the orange light was on what else could I check I have got a new power switch from Dealxtreme just waiting on that.

cheers

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry; I'm having difficulty decrypting what you said. Please correct any of these statements:

> The DS Lite won't turn on.
> The Power Switch is broken, and you are waiting for a new one from DX.
> Both of the fuses appear to be OK.
> You've tried a new battery, and the DS appears to charge (based on the Orange charging light)

When you try to power on the unit, what exactly happens? In cases where either the screens or the connecting ribbon cables have suffered damage, the unit usually is able to temporarily one of the screen's back-lights. Do either of the screens flicker while you try to turn it on?

foaley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes that is correct , the orange light goes on when I am charging it, When I turn it on nothing happens no screen flicker at all on both screens no lights at all near the hinge

I have to use a small screw drive to push the switch up as the ds switch has broken off, I dont know if I put a new switch on it if it would make a difference.

Both fuses are fine

doeo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh man! I have pretty much ALMOST the exact same problem.
My neighbor sent over his DS to my place so I can repair it.
It wouldn't turn on.
And when I plug it into any charger using any socket, the orange light would only come for half a second then disappear.
I tried using the same charger for other DS lites, worked fine.
I thought maybe... battery issue?
I swapped its battery with my old DS lite's battery.
And now it makes orange light completely when we charge it.
That really got our hopes up.
Fully charged it, and then we pushed the slider to turn it on...
Snap! It wouldn't turn on.
So now my neighbors DS lite is exactly like yours, but I have a pretty good power switch.
I'm gonna send it to one of my personal favorite stores. (Geekay Games)
And this is also why I despise eBay.
I GOT A FAKE POKEMON FIRE RED AND LEAF GREEN GAME DAMMIT THEY KEEP RESETTING AND HAVE UGLY FAKE STICKERS.
They should like make a new emoticon in GBAtemp. Like, :yayamazon:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.