Ds lite touch screen replacement

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Giangsta, Sep 1, 2008.

Sep 1, 2008
  1. Giangsta
    OP

Member Giangsta GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Does anyone know of a guide to installing a new touch screen to the DS lite?

cheers

2. ShakeBunny

Member ShakeBunny GBAtemp Fan

United States
    There is a good one on youtube. Just search for "shock ds". You should find it. There are four parts.

EDIT: Nevermind. I didn't read your post carefully. No, I don't know of a touch screen replacement guide.

3. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    Just open up your DS (there is a disassembly guide on GBAtemp), unplug your touch screen (and probably the lower LCD too) open the black tab before trying to pull the cable out.

Then you will need to CAREFULLY prise apart the touch screen and LCD screen (unless you are going to replace both)

Then stick the new touch screen in place, and plug both the ribbon cables back in, making sure to close the black tabs.

- You do know the touch screen and lower LCD are two seperate parts? I know it isn't that obvious.

4. Giangsta
    OP

Member Giangsta GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    yeha, im just planning to replace my touch screen and re-use the lcd screen. I think if i use a hobby knife or something i can remove the lcd from the touch screen?