Mana94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a ds lite and it broke a little while ago. Now....I can't make up my mind
unsure.gif

I like the ds lite because I'm used to it and I like to still play GBA games (Like FF5 or FF6)

BUT, the Dsi looks pretty cool. The main reason I don't know is because it can't use an
R4 and I don't want to go through all that credit card and mailing drama again to get an R4i...
wacko.gif

What do you think?

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
DS Lite anytime.

I like my EZ 3in1 too much to give it up.
GBA games.

The main thing for me is also the power advantages; I for one have a higher capacity battery and an external powerpack (see sig). My DSL outlasts any DSi I have seen.

Mana94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ifish, well...I know for sure a dsi isn't $200 They are like...160. Plus it's around christmas so they are on sale.

And what do you mean by SCDS2? How can it play gba games? I thought the dsi had the part that runs gba games removed(woah, I just sounded like a noob).

Id get a DSi if there is a way to use my old old flash cart, otherwise...I'll just get another DSL. I hear there is some sort of dl that makes it work, but I am unsure of what it's called.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually its more like $170 normally without sales.
tongue.gif

SCDS2 is like the iPlayer sporting a 400 or so mhz processor with 32 mb of ram allowing it to emulate the gba. (No it isn't out yet so don't ask where to get it what is the price etc)
No you won't be able to use your R4 on a dsi no matter what.

Mana94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, then I'll just get a dsi :D
I'll buy a slot-1 device for it. Idc about emulating gba really...I can just use my old one.
The thing is about my old one...the top screen is COMPLETELY broken....but the bottom screen is fine.

It freezes alot and some of the buttons are non-responsive. Simply unfixable :/ Plus...I want to see more of the newer models. Dealextreme is good I guess. I have used them 2 times and had my things get here in 2-3 days. Thank you guys =P

Lord Ned

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mana94 said:
It freezes alot and some of the buttons are non-responsive. Simply unfixable :/ Plus...I want to see more of the newer models. Dealextreme is good I guess. I have used them 2 times and had my things get here in 2-3 days. Thank you guys =P

Jeeze it's been two weeks since I order and my stuff still isn't here.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I get my stuff within 1 or 2 weeks from DX they get alot of bad rep from noobs crying about bad delivery times and fakes but I've never had anything fake from them and the delivery time has been pretty much the same as any company that ships internationally between 1-2 weeks also the delivery is FREE on all items so you shouldn't be complaining about the time it takes to get there anyway ¬¬
(random rant over)
ontopic: get a DSi and then wait for the supercard DSTWO to come out it looks like it is the best flashcard to come out so far the features top all other cards to date nd not only that you won't have to suffer from non-responsive buttons/broken top screen of your od ds for your GBA games
laugh.gif

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSi,its way better if you have the choice it should always be the DSi and not light,no reason,NOT 1 to get lite,only if your ignorant and want to stick with that story. You can now play GBA games with supercard I believe.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DSi LL looks AWESOME and it will work with the AceKard 2i too..just wondering if anyone has an idea when it might come out in the US..I was going to get a DSi but when I Heard about the new model I thought about waiting

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup