DS Lite lower screen repair

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Sensei_Sin, Feb 9, 2011.

Feb 9, 2011
  1. Sensei_Sin
    OP

Newcomer Sensei_Sin Newbie

Portugal
    Hello,

I've come to ask some help about my DS lite's lower screen. It has some watermarks on it (cousin thought it was a good idea to use windex to clean it) and I want to get rid of them so what do I have to do? Replace the LCD screen or replace the touchscreen? Or both? :S

Thanks for the help guys.

2. Multiskin

Member Multiskin GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    i think you only need to replace the touchscreen because the lcd screen is untouched, so change touch screen and everything is fine (i also need to replace mine because of too much COD black ops and now it has a small hollow in the center)

3. iggloovortex

Member iggloovortex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    you could replace both to be sure. i got big on repairing DS Lites and thats what i usually do

4. Sensei_Sin
    OP

Newcomer Sensei_Sin Newbie

Portugal
    Thanks for your replies guys [​IMG]

I could replace both but the question is why would I spend more money than I have to if I don't need to?

I also just found a tiny little imperfection on the touchscreen (you can only feel it when you run your finger along it's side) so I am going to bet on replacing the touchscreen only for now.
    As for a final question, anyone has any information on a respectable shop where I can order parts for the DS? Preferably US stores since that's where I'll be spending the Spring. [​IMG]

Thanks for all the help guys [​IMG]