DS lite Hinge Problem

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by DDRPenguin, Jan 17, 2009.

Jan 17, 2009

DS lite Hinge Problem by DDRPenguin at 6:26 PM (744 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. DDRPenguin
    OP

Member DDRPenguin GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    On the right side of my DS lite, the hinge is cracked, and I was wondering if anyone knew of the safest and cheapest solution towards this.

I tried Nintendo, and even with Warranty applied, it would cost me a Whopping 50 bucks just to replace it.

Help please.

2. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Buy a replacement case and swap the case over - cheap but not the easiest thing to do, however plenty of decent guides on how to do it.

3. Giangsta

Member Giangsta GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I agree with Kittymat, the cases shouldnt cost too much and the learning process to swap the cases isn't steep but patience is required. Taking your time and reading the guide offered here on Gbatemp you should be able to get the job done within 3hrs, but of course that's really up to you.

4. DDRPenguin
    OP

Member DDRPenguin GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    Thanks for your help guys, but I am sad to report, that during the replacement process, my DS is now non-operational. It won't turn on now, and the left side where the ribbon goes is loose (I don't know what I missed). [​IMG]

Going a DS lite is a huge mess...and I am sad now that I voided my warranty and have a non-operational DS lite...I am such a newb, and I probably won't ever do something like this again.

I mean...I have gone into SNES controllers, and changed the buttons so that they're Super Famicom controllers...but going to a DS lite is MUCH more complicated.
    Its too much for me guys...but thanks for the help.