ptpeter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I asked one question earlier and got some help and now I have one final question. Im planning on getting a DS lite this week, im a little worried about flashing it manually since I heard of the problems people were having. Is it safer to just get a passkey card and do it that way? Because if it is, i rather do that. Thanks

XxMxVxPxX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no it not safer. your ds can get bricked by malicious files. using flashme prevents that. anyways. just get a max media launcher. and sell it on ebay. and its not too hard to flash a ds. if anything if you brick it you can return it and say it wouldnt turn on

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Do you really want to have to use a passme/passcard device everytime you want to play a DS roms? Yes it is safer to use a passme device as such but flashme has a lot of advantages as it has a failsafe feature that once it's installed you have no need to worry about your DS being bricked by malicious code.

I suggest you read through my flashme guide to get the facts on installing it.

Although if you wish to use a passme or passcard device that's up to you but it's certainly a lot more of a hassle.

ptpeter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the DS lites that easy to brick if flashing with Flashme?

p.s. If you brick one of these could you return it to walmart, I mean would they accept it?

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
No, I've flashed my DS Lite twice with no problem. Just make sure you follow the instructions in the guide. The only thing you must avoid is your DS turning off, which you can prevent from happening. Just be careful.

*edit*

Technically you could return it to the store and say "It doesn't turn on". but that'd be upto you
wink2.gif

XxMxVxPxX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah you can return it to walmart especially walmart lol. as long as theres no physicall evidence they cant say anthing. there stupid anyway. when i bought mine the lady was shocked that it was more the 20 bucks

jimmy1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
is it possible to play nds commercial games if i use this method and flash nds games to a gba flashcart, like x-rom?? plug and play, or is this only for homebrew games??

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to play nds commercial games if i use this method and flash nds games to a gba flashcart, like x-rom?? plug and play, or is this only for homebrew games??

yup, you can play your commercial backups with the x-rom. But i dont think compatability is too good
frown.gif
. You would have to convert them to .nds.gba format so that you can put them on your card... I suggest getting at least a Supercard sd, which has near perfect nds and homebrew compatability
smile.gif

XxMxVxPxX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have an x-rom and it has bad ds compatability. dont waste your time. it has to patch with kains nds patcher. and it has to be 256 mbites or less

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here