DS lite firmware reset

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Miracledreams, Jul 1, 2009.

Jul 1, 2009

DS lite firmware reset by Miracledreams at 1:02 AM (5,627 Views / 0 Likes) 30 replies

1. Miracledreams
    OP

Newcomer Miracledreams Member

United States
    Hi,

Frankly I have not flash or brick my ds lite, my main problem is that I am trying to know or find a way how to get back the language setting which usually comes when you start the DS Lite for the first time.

When you start the Ds Lite for the first time, a screen comes up which ask you to select a language (it gives you six languages options) when that is choosed then it will take you the anohter screen where it ask you to input the user information and it consist of five stages. when you input the user details and restart your ds lite you will not be able to get the language settings again but by moving the battery you can get back the user settings.

So what I really need is a way to completly reset the ds lite same as new.

awaiting your reply and thanks in advance,

2. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    Yeah take out the battery and put it back in. Hope I helped [​IMG]

3. manoelpdb

Newcomer manoelpdb Advanced Member

Brazil
  4. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    Also this has nothing to do with Rom Hacking.

5. Miracledreams
    OP

United States
    thanks for the replies although it includes no solutions to my query.
    I have put my topic in hacking becuase I was told a good hacker Knows how to reset the framwire.

Posts merged

Thanks,
    Taking out the battery will only reset the user setting what I need is to bring also the langauge setting that comes on when you power on a NEW ds Lite for the First Time.

6. Akiyo

Member Akiyo GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    cant you change your language setting at the firmware page? Its in the regional options there. Just boot the DS up without a card.

7. Kwartel

Member Kwartel The fairest in all the land

Netherlands
    Turn on your ds without a game card, click on the little ds at the bottom, click on the first icon, click on the globe, click on your language

8. Miracledreams
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the replies,

I know how to change the language from the setup what I NEED IS HOW TO GET BACK THE LANGUAGE SETTING WHICH COMES ON THE FIRST TIME YOU START A NEW DS LITE, please read my first Post

9. nicky041192

Member nicky041192 GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    read the posts thats been posted.

TAKE OUT THE BATTERY,PUT IT BACK IN AND TURN ON.

10. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    ~nvm

though im pretty sure the battery thing would work, as I remember the language thing coming up when I removed it...

11. Nerdii

Banned Nerdii Banned

Australia
    why do you need it like that??

12. Miracledreams
    OP

United States
    Thanks for all your replies,

I will try and see if removing the battery will bring the language screen back altough I have tried it before and it id not work maybe I will try to leave it a little bit longer becuase the last time I move it for lesser than two minutes but it only brought up the user settings.

If any have any other suggestion please inform.
    thanks again

13. nicky041192

Member nicky041192 GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    yea, i own a dsphat and this happens. dont know why it shouldnt work for the lite

14. Miracledreams
    OP

United States
    Nope, I moved the battery ffor more than 15 minutes but still the language setting did not show up the only thing that it resets is the user setttings.

Any other idea pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I heared about a card that when inserted in slot 1 and the ds lite is powered on it will reset the firmware completly, but i am not sure what is the card called.

hanks for your replies.

15. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Bullshit. It's impossible that you can't get back to the language select screen. I remember a friend who took out his Lite's battery and he got to the language screen. Also, could a mod please move this sht to the EoF and ban the user? He just joined, made the same topic 3 times and got 10 posts in a day.

16. Kreatur84

Member Kreatur84 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    wtf what do you want?just choose language from user settings.don`t know whats your problem.just choose language and all is fine.
    pick up the battery is the only FW reset.there is afaik no other

17. ItsMetaKnight

Member ItsMetaKnight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Denmark
    my launch DS phat didn't show any language setting screen when first turning it on.
    my DS lite does, however.

18. alidsl

Member alidsl I am now a lurker

United Kingdom
    if you want to change the language just click on the small ds icon and find the globe and choose!!!!!!!!!

19. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    Wow your someone to talk. Look at your post count. Sometimes it is the web browser's fault on making 3 topics... Not everyone has the perfect web browser with no problems. Opera is an example. I click post, and then sometimes it doesn't move me to the next page. Click it again, you get to the next page and see your post/thread but then you see two. The person coulda done the same thing. clicked it a lot of times and got 3 threads.

10 posts a day isn't impossible. Look at tj_cool. It says his daily posts a day are 10 the last time I checked. So don't get pissed off just because someone with a low post count is having problems. We are here to help... Not to ban people. Leave that job to the mods and admins. No one else.

And to miracle...

Start the DS up, the wait until you are at the screen with everything where and what to load. Then at the bottom screen, look at the bottom for a DS icon. It looks like a DS Lite that is open. Touch it, then click the Wrench (/w Pinkish Background). Click the Globe (/w Pinkish Background) and then pick your language. If that isn't what you are looking for, I will try it myself. I will take out the battery and see what will happen.

20. xshinox

Member xshinox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    wow, why do you want to see this language selection so badly? people have told you to remove the battery and put it back in or to go to the settings to change the language. you're hella picky.