DS Lite bottom screen failure

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by jruschme, Jun 9, 2009.

Jun 9, 2009

DS Lite bottom screen failure by jruschme at 5:03 PM (1,014 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. jruschme
    OP

Newcomer jruschme Advanced Member

United States
    One of my daughter's friends has asked me to see if I can fix his DS Lite. As I understand it, the DS was dropped and, while showing no visible damage, now has only blank white screen on the bottom LCD.

I opened up the DS and tried reseating the cable to the LCD; this had no effect. I then went to DX and purchased a replacement LCD; this also had no effect.

At this point, I'm assuming it's a problem with the motherboard of the DS, but I'm hoping I'm wrong. Have any of you seen a similar problem?

Thanks...

2. worlok375

Member worlok375 GBAtemp's prince

United States
    Well the wires may have been uncrossed or something. I have a similar problem with my top screen it only works when I hold it at a certain angle. If you check the motherboard and it shows damage then you know the problem. But there also might be a problem getting the information from the motherboard (or wherever) to the light on the bottom screen.

Hope I helped [​IMG]