DS Lite Battery Quality?

Discussion in 'Online Stores and Purchases' started by jmckutchin, Jul 15, 2010.

Jul 15, 2010

DS Lite Battery Quality? by jmckutchin at 6:57 AM (678 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. jmckutchin
    OP

Member jmckutchin GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Anybody have any experience with the DS Lite Battery replacement Shoptemp offers? I bought one from dealextreme a few years back and it maybe lasted 1 hour. I really don't feel like paying 20 bucks (15+5 shipping) to get a new one from Nintendo.

2. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    What battery power was the one you bought from DealExtreme, 2000mAh? Because that would probably be the same as the one Shoptemp stocks.
    Or was it 1200mAh? Because maybe it's like the one Play-asia stock.

To be honest I'm not sure I recommend either, maybe just buy the official replacement.

3. popoffka

Member popoffka GBAtemp Fan

Latvia
    Someone already posted here about the ShopTemp's DS lite battery replacement, and, to make long story short, it's a shitty one.

4. I2aven's_Sag

Member I2aven's_Sag GBATemp Otaku

United States
    just buy the official one, otherwise you'll get stuck with a shitty one that lasts 30 minutes.

5. jmckutchin
    OP

Member jmckutchin GBAtemp Regular

United States
    that's what I thought. I actually ended up trying that battery I bought a year or two ago... and suprisingly enough, it's lasted 3 hours without going red. I have yet to pick my DS back up today, but we'll see how it does.

I currently get about 6 or 7 hours with my current DS Lite battery before it goes red... maybe I'll just wait to get a 3DS, haha.