DS is WAY TOO BRIGHT?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ectoplasmer3, Jan 1, 2010.

Jan 1, 2010

DS is WAY TOO BRIGHT? by ectoplasmer3 at 10:21 PM (5,269 Views / 0 Likes) 30 replies

1. ectoplasmer3
    OP

Newcomer ectoplasmer3 Advanced Member

United States
    So yeah, my Acekard is working great!(http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=197059) Then Guess WHAT? The screens turn EXTREMELY bright. ?Not even. No not bright, WHITE. I'm playing Mario Kart and I can barely see. Now, It's not a BLANK screen, it just most of it is really white. No color at all. Kind of like on a camera, the negative function except no black! Whiter though. What is wrong how did this happen how do i fix this? [​IMG][​IMG]

2. ectoplasmer3
    OP

United States
    Hey this is wierd look not the regular AK2i gogo was there and then danny phantom again...

3. Danny Tanner

Member Danny Tanner GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This happens to me sometimes too, it's a pretty regular occurrence (like maybe twice a week) but it doesn't hinder gameplay.

As far as your bright screen, what kind of DS do you have? DSphat has some funny knobs inside that, if they get out of whack can cause some graphical glitches, not sure about this one though. It's an easy fix if that's the issue, all you need is the screwdriver to open it up.

4. ectoplasmer3
    OP

United States
    DSi.

5. Ultralex

Member Ultralex GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    I have same issue,only sometimes if I touch the touch the touch screen on my DSlite.

6. Danny Tanner

Member Danny Tanner GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well, DSi and DSlite don't have those knobs the DSphat does. I can think of only maybe some sort of cheat is on, or you guys are increasing the brightness and are just a little sensitive to the light. If not, its a hardware issue, I'd say it has nothing to do with your cart.

7. ectoplasmer3
    OP

United States
    ITS NOT BRIGHT! It is white. it works but you can't see.

8. MarkDarkness

Member MarkDarkness Deliverator

Poland
    You will have to test with an ORIGINAL Nintendo cartridge first, before we can diagnose anything.

9. ectoplasmer3
    OP

United States
    I used my Mario 64 DS. I thought the Acekard was causing it first but it happened with Mario 64 DS.

10. MarkDarkness

Poland
    Your potentiometer may have fucked up, though I find it strange for that to happen in both screen. I am sure some hacker who's more knowledgeable than me from these boards can suggest you something, but in your situation I would take it to a professional.

11. basher11

Member basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

United States
    send it to nintendo. thats my solution. just dont tell them about the acekard. [​IMG]

12. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    There isn't any professional "Hacker" in GBAtemp.

13. UniqueGeek

Member UniqueGeek PMD Researcher

United States
    It must be your DS.
    I have played Super Mario 64 DS (1.0) and Mario Kart DS for a really long time on all 3 versions on original carts, an Acekard 2i, and an M3i Zero, and no problems (other than the M3i Zero suddenly disappearing from the DSi's point of view, but that's another story)

14. ectoplasmer3
    OP

United States
    lol yeah that is what I was gonna do. I didn't tell them about the acekard and now it works sometimes but then it messes up and yeah...What do you think would happen if I told them? LOL

15. MarkDarkness

Poland
    Those are two different statements I made. They do not imply what you mean.

16. Inunah

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    Something's definitely wrong with whatever regulates colors in your DS. Something may have shifted out of place or snapped apart... Have you tried a different Nintendo DS with your Acekard? Maybe it's the Acekard causing the problem. If it is, then you'll have to buy a new one. If not, send your Nintendo DS to Nintendo for them to fix. If you've already tried that, sending it in again for the same problem will probably lead them to just sending you a whole new Nintendo DS of the same color/model.

You could also go on the Nintendo.com support forums to see if they can help. Remember, if you do that, neglect to mention the Acekard (if you must tell them an Acekard was used in it, give them a big fat lie about how your friend did it or something.).

17. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    I suggest you to fix it yourself. Nintendo is probably going to charge you for them to fix it. They wanted to charge $80 when I wanted to replace my Touch Screen.

18. ectoplasmer3
    OP

United States
    bleakch forget about this post edited

19. ectoplasmer3
    OP

United States
    Yeah both screens and what knobs?

20. ectoplasmer3
    OP

United States
    Yes it's covered by the warranty still. Has only been about 5 months since I brought the DSi.