Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah gonna try and get someone to add this to hbmenu. perhaps an autoboot version of hbmenu. arm7 code for hbmenu is wierd. Uses thumb code I think else I'd add it myself. Sure I was able to add SCFG changes to arm9, but arm7 is important and needed for SD access, so no bueno until someone more familiar with thumb code or can replace arm7 with something more standard. :P
Kewl! would my Cyclo boot up like it did on my DS, and still have all my skins, or will the menu look different? The nostalgic of seeing my old themes will be fun!

D

Deleted User

Hey, I don't know what this means, but this video was just released 4 hours ago.

"SD access unlocked in NTR mode on Nintendo 3DS!"
What does this mean for the development of things like DS rom booting and DS mode 3ds stuff?

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I don't know what this means, but this video was just released 4 hours ago.

"SD access unlocked in NTR mode on Nintendo 3DS!"
What does this mean for the development of things like DS rom booting and DS mode 3ds stuff?

Yep...the last few pages have more info on that.

D

Deleted User

Big news to report:

https://github.com/ahezard/twl_firm_patcher

Booting NTR games from SD is close at hand I think. (ahezard might not be the one that does it though, he seems interested in using this for other things)

Bit31 lockout patched out of dev launcher. Normmatt helped ahezard find it this morning. I confirmed SD access in NTR mode via modified WoodR4! I can copy files to and from R4 in NTR mode and still boot retail games off R4. This isn't all. All of SCFG appears to have been unlocked as a result, so other TWL hardware can be enabled in NTR mode. Like faster cpu clock speeds. I guess you could enable camera, but does anything even use that...

Not sure about ram though. May not be able to break out of the 4MB limit initially set by dev launcher for NTR mode with this.

Nothing launches from SD as of yet. But things look good. At least now we have a good starting point. Getting SD booting working in NTR mode will make things much easier as things are much more challenging if you were to try and boot an NTR game in TWL mode. :P

EDIT: Oops posted wrong link. Fixed that. :D

do we need a flashcard for this

Gyrobax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
off topic comment, this is really amazing that these devs take the time to do this stuff, really big thanks to them

jon2491

Trophies
XP
Country
I was thinking...Some stubbern flashcarts like Cyclo DS might be do able now since I can run the roms unmodified from SD via hbmenu assuming I don't have to do anything extra to get hbmenu to get SD access in NTR mode. Will look into that maybe. :P
I'd love that. CycloDS is such a great card.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Does this arm9 speed boost provide a performance increase in any games?
I'd kinda like to try it out with my old AK2i.
Also, is it possible to get a pre-DSi TTDS working on a 3DS now?

Wojton

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have just tested wood3ds with TWL firm patched by ahezard's tool and while it lets me access 3DS SD Card and browse all the files on it, I can't move/copy any files from 3DS SD Card to R4 microSD (not enough space error) and when I try moving/copying a file from R4 microSD to 3DS SD Card, it doesn't give any errors, but the file isn't present in output location. I assume it's just a bug and nevertheless, this is quite an achievement in DSi hacking, great job devs! :)

Reactions: iVcU and thaikhoa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?