Hacking DS getting hot

Benreparn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone at this wondefull site.

So I have this question that I can't seem to find any answer to anywhere, my DS lite gets very varm (not enough to hurt you) on the right side where you have
your right thumb or where the buttons are and nearby. Is this normal? or is it something wrong with my DS. I can add that otherwise its working fine.
My first DS so Im a little nervous ^^

Benreparn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jakob95 said:
Download this homebrew called Diagnose and it will tell you the Temperature of your DS.

I went to check and it was at 39-42 but It wasnt that hot as it is while playing so I went to play some under the knife 2 and then quickly rebooted and checked again.
and its at 46-48 celcius mostly 48.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Mine sometimes gets a little warm, probably just a warm room and too much gaming.

What flashcart are you using? That might be the cause.

Benreparn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ShatteredScreens said:
Mine sometimes gets a little warm, probably just a warm room and too much gaming.

What flashcart are you using? That might be the cause.

Yeah I figured it could be that, Im using a chinese copy (unfortunatly) of the M3 DS REAL, I have ordered a real one and its on its way.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Benreparn said:
jakob95 said:
Download this homebrew called Diagnose and it will tell you the Temperature of your DS.

I went to check and it was at 39-42 but It wasnt that hot as it is while playing so I went to play some under the knife 2 and then quickly rebooted and checked again.

OMG You got to be kidding me. Mine is 23-25 Celcius. Yes your DS is HOT. For me the most was 28 Celcius.

EDIT: Right now for me its 19C.

Benreparn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jakob95 said:
Benreparn said:
jakob95 said:

OMG You got to be kidding me. Mine is 23-25 Celcius. Yes your DS is HOT. For me the most was 28 Celcius.

EDIT: Right now for me its 19C.

=/ I dont fancy this at all, although its working as it should.

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cant your battery explode if it gets too hot
unsure.gif

Benreparn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jakob95 said:
Benreparn said:
Maz7006 said:
that's too hot for comfort...i get max 25.

what flashcard are you using...just out of interest...

A chinese copy of the M3 DS REAL, the one with this site: http://www.m3adaptes.com

Thats fake. Its not even a chinese copy.

Hopefully thats the problem then, I will get the answer to that in some days atleast, worst case scenario its the DS itself.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Benreparn said:
jakob95 said:
Benreparn said:
Maz7006 said:
that's too hot for comfort...i get max 25.

what flashcard are you using...just out of interest...

A chinese copy of the M3 DS REAL, the one with this site: http://www.m3adaptes.com

Thats fake. Its not even a chinese copy.

Hopefully thats the problem then, I will get the answer to that in some days atleast, worst case scenario its the DS itself.

Might be wrong, but I've also heard that the chinese M3 DS Reals(fake ones) have a possiblity of flaming the DS, if you get what I mean.

Benreparn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ca_michelbach said:
Looks like it might be time for a new DS then...you could always keep your old one and use it as a novel way to fry your eggs!

haha well I just sent it away to be looked at and hopefully I will get a new DS in my hands soon ^^ so I guess I will have to settle for a frying pan.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @a_username_that_is_cool, happy birthdayn't