Hacking ds games not working

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The audio works on the Home menu and in 3ds games without problems.

In DS games there is no sound, also I have to try to run the games several times (sometimes it works and sometimes it only returns me to the Home menu).

Previously my console did not connect to Wifi, but after the tutorial it seems that this problem has been solved.

Here is a video of the problem.

-snip-

Thank You!
I'm terribly sorry. I can't offer further technical assistance that directly solves or fixes this problem. I believe your 'missing audio in DS(i) mode' bug could be somehow related to these 'nonworking touchscreen in DS(i) mode' bug found in these other n3DS and o3DS systems.
There was one other person I've come across who had an o3DS that had a somewhat similar issue where the audio no longer works in both 3DS and DS(i) modes.
* (As of writing this in 2020)
Since the oldest of the Old 3DS are pushing almost 10 years of active use, it's not surprising that more people are reporting their systems exhibiting some of the strangest behaviors that can't be fixed with available homebrew software repair methods. Circuitry aging is catching up and afflicting those traces, caps, resistors, IC chips, and all the other little SMD/SMT nuggets found throughout the motherboard. We're going to be left in the dark until there's someone who has hands-on experience with these DS(i) mode bugs and manages to fix, document, & share their findings.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: Alexander1970

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Something to consider:

There is hardware calibration in both savegames on NAND and the HWCAL files. If the calibration is corrupt it resorts to defaults which may not be ideal or even broken. Corrupted or wrong calibration data can cause many weird issues.

Yafte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks, I've already tried all the suggestions, but it still doesn't work.

Either way I appreciate the help, at least my 3ds wifi was fixed.

I cannot give more information about the software or hardware of the console, because when I bought it I already had these problems.
All I remember was that in the log menu, where the console activity is logged, I had a SpongeBob game, which corresponded to the software of an r4.
Perhaps the previous owner modified or altered the DS firmware. It is the only thing that I can suppose, since the Wifi did not work at that time either.

I really appreciate your attention, and an apology for wasting your time replying to my messages.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Your dad still got laid