Homebrew DS games not working after failed CFW install and recovery from soft brick

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was the guide. When he said to turn off the 3ds after doing the browserhax, i thought he meant press the power button. but then he said press the a button. i tried to turn it back on, and it was soft bricked.

If you did browserhax how do you not have A9LH? Have you tried to access any payloads(Hourglass9, GodMode9, etc)? It says to power down with any button, he just chose the "A" button. You could've used the D-pad so using the power button should've fallen under "any button". I don't think that would've bricked you.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway i can get back to 11.3?
If A9LH installed then possibly. Put everything back on SD card and try to boot a payload like Hourglass9(hold start and power on). If that boots up, restore your NANDmin.bin.

If you need help with what files you need, refer to https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax.html and do the SD card setup section then try the above. I'm not sure if it'll work but it's worth a shot. Especially since it sounds like you got to the part where A9LH actually installs. If it did then the payloads should work once you get the necessary files back on the SD card.

Here are the folders/files you need on the root of the SD card...
+ 3ds
+ DCIM
+ files9
+ hblauncherloader
+ luma
+ Nintendo 3DS
+ arm9loaderhax.bin
+ boot.3dsx

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,

Dogrzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, i deleted all of my files on my SD card, i dont know where to start.
im worried i might hard brick it...
I still have all the files i need for the installation, but i dont have the 3ds and soundhax stuff and im not very good at following tutorials...

Last edited by Dogrzz,

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just reinstall twl_firm.
Using THIS ----> THIS <----------THIS GUIDE ONLY, WE DON'T WANT ANY THREADS LIKE THIS:

OMG OMG ME BLU BOOOTREAM SCREEN NO BACK UP WHAT DO??!111!!!

FOLLOWED YOUTUBE GUIDE, GOT ERROR AND BRICKED, OTP FROM OTHER USER, MAYBE BADD OTP??!?11

SYSNANDNT BROCKED, WHAT HAPPENS IF I DEETEE FRIM0 AN FRIM1???!!111???!

HALP HALKP GOT ERROR BLUE SCREEN 3DS TURN ON HALP HALP!!!!!!1111!!!!1!!!!!11

These are just examples. These examples may or may not be your case. I am not saying you are dumb.

Reactions: V0ltr0n

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet another 3ds fucked over by video tutorial and not using based plailect's guide. Rip.

Do as BL4Z3D said and hope u got far enough to restore 11.3.
If you no don't have your 11.3 backup, u may be able to do the ctr 9.2 transfer as stated in the guide.

If you are able to boot into hourglass9, u have hope. If not, then u are stuck on 11.4. Since you are not dealing with firmware 2.1, you have pretty much 0% chance to brick as long as u do exactly as u are told/what the guide says to do.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i deleted all of my files on my SD card, i dont know where to start.
im worried i might hard brick it...
I still have all the files i need for the installation, but i dont have the 3ds and soundhax stuff and im not very good at following tutorials...
Download these:
  • The latest release of Luma3DS (the .7z file)
  1. Copy arm9loaderhax.bin from the Luma3DS .7z to the root of your SD card
  2. Create a folder named luma on the root of your SD card
  3. Create a folder named payloads in the luma folder on your SD card
  4. Copy GodMode9.bin from the GodMode9 .zip to the /luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card and rename GodMode9.bin in /luma/payloads/ to start_GodMode9.bin
  5. Insert SD card and hold "Start" while powering on.
  6. GodMode9 should hopefully boot. If it does, you just have to finish the guide. I can tell you where to start in the guide at that point but just do this for now to see if GodMode9 boots.

Dogrzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Download these:
  • The latest release of Luma3DS (the .7z file)

1. Copy arm9loaderhax.bin from the Luma3DS .7z to the root of your SD card
  2. Create a folder named luma on the root of your SD card
  3. Create a folder named payloads in the luma folder on your SD card
  4. Copy GodMode9.bin from the GodMode9 .zip to the /luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card and rename GodMode9.bin in /luma/payloads/ to start_GodMode9.bin
  5. Insert SD card and hold "Start" while powering on.
  6. GodMode9 should hopefully boot. If it does, you just have to finish the guide. I can tell you where to start in the guide at that point but just do this for now to see if GodMode9 boots.
I did all the steps that you said, but nothing happened while holding start while loading into 3ds, it just went into the home menu.

nitroBW

warum nicht?
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's always like that. Some noob is using a video guide and then visits a forum dedicated to 3DS hacking, because the video guide didn't work.
I still don't get why youtubers don't just say "Hey, this guide could be outdated in a few weeks, please use 3ds.guide instead", they caused so many bricks anyway, revenue hungry people -_-

Is there anything that can work?
i just really want to play my R4 card again..
sorry for bothering you
Without A9LH you can't fix anything in 11.4, you have to wait until a new exploit is released and that will probably happen when 11.5 gets released in a few months. And I don't think that this can be fixed with userland access.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's always like that. Some noob is using a video guide and then visits a forum dedicated to 3DS hacking, because the video guide didn't work.
I still don't get why youtubers don't just say "Hey, this guide could be outdated in a few weeks, please use 3ds.guide instead", they caused so many bricks anyway, revenue hungry people -_-

Without A9LH you can't fix anything in 11.4, you have to wait until a new exploit is released and that will probably happen when 11.5 gets released in a few months. And I don't think that this can be fixed with userland access.
To be fair, the video the OP followed was one of the better videos I've seen as far as having the proper steps. He is literally following 3ds.guide step by step in the video.

@Dogrzz, unfortunately there's nothing you can do but stay on 11.4 and wait for SigHax(given DSiWareHax still has R/W access to the NAND on 11.4) or another kernel exploit to be released.

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the legal drinking age here in the US is 21, as some of you may know, but i think either it should be 18 or the age you're an adult should be 21.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and i know what you may be thinking, "why become an adult at 21? doesn't that mean that banging an 18 year old would be illegal?"
    first of all, being in a relationship with someone who's 18 is technically ok, as long as it started when they were 18, but the age gap is still weird depending on how old you are. besides, the age of consent differs between different states
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also my reasoning for adult age being 21 is because the reason that's the drinking (and now smoking) age is because it "gives them more time to think rationally and not drive drunk"
    so you should have that extra time to mature and think rationally before going to serve in the military or vote
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tl;dr the "adult" age and the legal drinking age (and voting age) here in the US should be the same
    +4
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's all good no one pays attention to the law anyway lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What about making kids wait till 18 or 21 to drive? And yea is messed up, you can join army and die for your country at age 18, but you can't drink alcohol or smoke a cig til 21, is ridiculous
    +3
    If someone is in the military they should be allowed to smoke and drink at 18.... Would help drive recruitment lol
    +3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We all know they do and will anyways. I think laws prevented them only pushes them to illegally do it. Even tho if was legal, most prob wouldn't even bother. Not a big deal or risque if its legal, no fun.
    +2
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    That's why some kids don't mind having a rap sheet or two just so they never get drafted
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also, i think the voting age should match the adult and drinking ages too, because by the logic of giving them time to mature and think rationally so they don't drive drunk, then they should also have that time to mature and think rationally so they can think for themselves
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fucking hell i'm becoming a mini leo with the way i yap aren't i?
    +1
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    I was unable to create the VM for the debloat windows, but found the video where I learned it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZm6mY3I7J4
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No you def no leo, and I like your insight. You are a smart Baked cookie.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicken drumsticks and sweet potato for dinner tonight turned out good
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    "i promise not to get all political and/or philosophical"
    3 drinks later:
    "so yeah think for yourself and i think the government sucks"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is @BigOnYa drunk again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    no, i was poking fun at myself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Again? I have a IV feeding me so I never come down.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because self deprecating humor is important, as long as it doesn't turn into self hate. because you can't really make fun of anyone if you can't even make fun of yourself
    +2
    Booze enemas are real lol
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    that explains a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, invented the first ever pill that gets you instantly hammered, now filling the streets of Miami
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That was what called a qaaulude, instant drunk, luckily they not around anymore.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That was what called a qaaulude, instant drunk, luckily they not around anymore.