DS Cartridges Takes A While To Load

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by AnalogClock, Aug 17, 2013.

1. AnalogClock
    OP

AnalogClock Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2013
    United States
    I purchased the Supercard DSTWO recently and have seen no problems. However ever since I started using the flash cart, when I switch to an actual DS cartridge and try to load it, the DS screen turns white for about 10 seconds and then goes into the game instead of going right into the game. I reset my 3DS XL hoping this would resolve the issue and I was met with the same results. Is there anyway to fix this so that the DS would jump right into the game?

2. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    How are you changing carts? 3DS on or off? If on, in the middle of a game or at the menu?

In any event 10 seconds isn't very long, there are systems that take way longer than that, I'd just not worry about it.

3. AnalogClock
    OP

AnalogClock Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2013
    United States
    I turn off the 3DS when I change carts. Also I get the same results with two other DS lites. This is primarily an aesthetic thing and probably directly relates to the Supercard DSTWO. I didn't know if anyone has noticed this and had already found a way to fix this.

4. Aeter

Aeter A walking contradiction

Apr 1, 2009
    Netherlands
    The lands of nether
    First time I ever heard of this problem.

5. Ryukouki

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    Could it possibly be an issue of poor micro SD card reading the data extremely slowly?

6. tbgtbg

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    But he says it's happening with retail carts.

I dunno how DSTWO could cause this, not like it makes any changes to your system. As far as the system knows it's just another DS game.

Certainly have never noticed it with my DSTWO and 3DSXL.

7. Ryukouki

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    Huh that is weird. I haven't had issues with retail or my DSTwo so unfortunately I have nothing more to contribute to this conversation.

8. AnalogClock
    OP

AnalogClock Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2013
    United States
    Bump

I am still looking for a solution.

9. tbgtbg

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    Can you take a video of what's going on? Maybe then someone could figure it out or at least get a better idea of what's happening.

10. AnalogClock
    OP

AnalogClock Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2013
    United States
    I apologize for this thread as I have found out that the real problem was my save was probably getting too big for the DS to load quickly which happened at the same time I purchased the DSTWO.

When you told me to record it, I remembered I had a broken DS that I hadn't used in a couple of months and started testing different games. The Pokemon games would take a while because of all the information that was stored was trying to load and some of the smaller games would load instantly on all of the DS's. I guess I got concerned about the DSTWO and started paying attention to any differences to the retail cartridges which made me worry that the DSTWO was causing damage to the DS.

Thanks tbgtbg for trying to help! >.<

11. tomosh22

tomosh22 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2013
    when you had your ds2 in was there any kind of physical damage (e.g dropping it on the floor, your finger pressing on the card while you were using it)