DS button

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by anthony001, Jun 19, 2010.

Jun 19, 2010

DS button by anthony001 at 4:39 PM (858 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. anthony001
    OP

Member anthony001 GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    my A button sank in since ive been playing too many RPG and other games that requires me to press A button
    now whenever i press my button i need to press really hard
    is there anything i can do to fix this problem without taking the ds apart?

2. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    Sounds like you've buggered the contact pad to me. You'll need to open 'er up to fix if its the contact pad or its just gotten stuck behind something. Its a very simple fix though. Just get a Tri-wing, open the back, unscrew the motherboard, flip it over, mess with the buttons (or replace contact pad) then reassemble.

3. Henrike

Newcomer Henrike Member

Brazil
    Would the same work for the L button?

4. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    Replace the conductive pads. They're like £1 on DX.

And no, shoulder buttons are different. They're actual buttons underneath the shoulder buttons, rather than having a conductive pad. Ehh, it's hard to explain.

5. TheJorsh

Newcomer TheJorsh Advanced Member

United States
    Most of the time when one of the shoulder buttons stops working, it isn't because of the contact pad, because they don't have them. (contact pad, meaning that little rubbery piece, right?)
    Anyway, the shoulder buttons stop working when either it gets too much dirt in there,
    (some people suggest blowing into it, but later it stops working again. I say just open it up and use a can of compressed air on it, unless it's REALLY dirty, and you have to use alcohol and a q-tip or something)
    OR the solder has been cracked (and that happens very rarely) and as long as you have a soldering gun, you can still fix it pretty easily.