OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So, I'm curious about this. Probably because I saw the Win2DS update
tongue.gif
Can the DS be used as a joypad? Obviously, I'm talking about homebrew here. Is there anything done on this field?

Thanks in advance.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are a couple programs, but they were before slot-1 cards. Don't know if they are DLDI supported...Try PointyRemote

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got really bored and remapped the keys in the new DS2win to make my DS control my World of Warcraft game. THe new DS2win has a built in gamepad mode, which i dont think I used. DS2key also has this feature which i used before.

I remapped the D-pad to moving functions and ABXY to casting spells.

I was playing World of Warcraft with my DS for acouple 10 mins.
Of course it wasn't completely playable, frame rate very slow, little lag in controls....I just thought it was really really funny being able to play WOW through my DS sitting on my couch.

Ps. DS2Win already uses your touch pad and pen as a mouse replacement if you please. Can select a file, then you must have a button on the DS mapped to your mouse clicking buttons.

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I remember reading somewhere that you could use the DS' touchscreen and stylus as a mouse replacement, using an N-Card (or clone thereof) with its Slot 2 flashing thingy: When the Slot 2 device is connected to your PC via USB, stylus movements on the touchscreen are translated into mouse movements on your PC.

I'm not sure, if you need an extra (DS) app for that though. I've always meant to get an N-Card to try this very function, but haven't gotten around to actually doing it (yet).
Granted, it's not exactly a gamepad replacment, but nifty nonetheless.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No clue if the N-card can do that, but I can do that with my GBA by using a Flash2Advance USB linker cable and the JoyToKey program to map joypad button presses to mouse controls. I made two profiles, one for mouse control and one for Firefox control, and actually found it relatively easy to browse the web with that combination, switching between the two.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum