DS #5615: Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (USA)

AsPika2219

Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
Finally! Is wizard time! I want to see the ending likes the movies!
yaynds.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
AsPika2219 said:
yaynds.gif
That would be crazy to spoil the ending with a shovelware* game instead of waiting for the movie. Kids nowadays, sheesh.
tongue.gif

*most likely shovelware, anyways

Most people who give a crap about Harry Potter have read all the books a long time ago.....that includes me. The biggest surprise the movie or game might give me is what they changed or left out of them compared to the books.

Hope this is at least more polished than the Deathly Hallows Part 1 DS game......Part 1 appeared to be missing various sounds, which made it......seem kinda off when you played it.

Unless they messed up REALLY bad, this one should have a lot more action in it. Probably has AP though, just like the first one.

Anyway, here's a trailer for it:
[youtube]NF6Q8PSIj-M[/youtube]
Make of it what you will.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I gave this a go.....seems more polished than part 1 was. Graphics look better and the characters look more detailed than part1. It's not "missing" sounds, unless you count the lack of any kind of voice-overs as sounds missing.
Mostly touchscreen controlled, though you CAN move with the dpad or buttons, depending on if you're left or right handed, it's easier to just move around with the stylus since everything else requires its use. Shoulder buttons are used for your "protego" shield.

If you ask me, this is sorta like playing the LEGO games, but without the LEGOS or goofy FMV's. You seem to be doing essentially the same thing as LEGO games, tap on stuff, collect the little sparkles, solve simple puzzles (by tapping on objects and/or sliding/tracing the stylus around), blast some bad guys (more tapping), rinse, repeat.

I don't know, I guess it's OK for kids or diehard HP fans, but it seems like other than watching the story unfold and looking at the pretty graphics (which really are pretty good for a DS game), it's not terribly exciting. Maybe it gets better as the game progresses.....I'm only a couple levels in.....

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saw that vid a few days back. I always at least peek in my head in to see what they'll do with the next batch of Potter games, but man, they just haven't hit many homers with this franchise. This one doesn't look too appealing, either. Might try it during the next intense drought, but I sure wish they'd invest something more into these games. I mean, come on -- this is one of the most grossly profitable franchises in the history of humanity. You'd think they could make a few quality games based on the lore.

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just tried the game. IMO (important, MY OPINION), its not really great. It feels... rushed somehow. I wish they put more content/gameplay into the game, let alone some extra work just to make it be like the good old HP games. (I enjoyed the 1st one a lot on pc)

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This version of the game plays identical to HP Lego Years 1-4. without the lego graphics. I enjoyed the lego version even if it had no challenge but this is acceptable and feels just like it. In fact the top screen map looks identical too. I wonder if it is the same Dev? It is definately NOT as clunky as the previous attempts.

preske

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
AsPika2219 said:
yaynds.gif
That would be crazy to spoil the ending with a shovelware* game instead of waiting for the movie. Kids nowadays, sheesh.
tongue.gif

I don't want to bust your bubble, but the ending has been known for a time know.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
preske said:
Snailface said:
AsPika2219 said:
yaynds.gif
tongue.gif

I don't want to bust your bubble, but the ending has been known for a time know.
Yeah, but the book is actually good to people, I doubt this game is close to as popular and is probably a steaming pile of turd, or shovelware.

preske

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
preske said:
Snailface said:
AsPika2219 said:
yaynds.gif
tongue.gif

Yeah, but the book is actually good to people, I doubt this game is close to as popular and is probably a steaming pile of turd, or shovelware.

Wait, what has that to do with anything?

This was about spoiling the end, which is already known anyway, not about it being a good game or not.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
preske said:
machomuu said:
preske said:
Snailface said:
AsPika2219 said:
yaynds.gif
tongue.gif

Wait, what has that to do with anything?

This was about spoiling the end, which is already known anyway, not about it being a good game or not.
You did link to the book, right? Well I'm saying the book is the original, quality tale in which the ending was told, and this game is probably crap and is definitely shovelware. Really, in which would you rather find out the ending?

Also, it's in no way spoiling the ending, it's just a different medium of seeing the ending. Some people like reading the books for the endings, some people like seeing the movies for the endings, and some people like playing the games for the endings, but just because you played the games instead of watching the movie first doesn't mean it's spoiling the movie, because your finding out via the game instead.

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
This game has nothing to shovelware.
It has nice gfx, cool gameplay, HP storyline.
And about spoiling. meh.
Think about it as the book is spoiling the movie, mmm No, they spoiling the GAME.
Shitty HP books ruined my life, F*** spoilers. heh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o