DS #5615: Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (USA)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chanser, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Chanser
    OP

Member Chanser :o

Macau
    ^^ndsrelease-7085^^

2. AsPika2219

Member AsPika2219 Pikachu going beach!

Malaysia
    Finally! Is wizard time! I want to see the ending likes the movies! [​IMG]

3. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
    That would be crazy to spoil the ending with a shovelware* game instead of waiting for the movie. Kids nowadays, sheesh. [​IMG]

*most likely shovelware, anyways

4. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Most people who give a crap about Harry Potter have read all the books a long time ago.....that includes me. The biggest surprise the movie or game might give me is what they changed or left out of them compared to the books.

Hope this is at least more polished than the Deathly Hallows Part 1 DS game......Part 1 appeared to be missing various sounds, which made it......seem kinda off when you played it.

Unless they messed up REALLY bad, this one should have a lot more action in it. Probably has AP though, just like the first one.

Anyway, here's a trailer for it:
    [youtube]NF6Q8PSIj-M[/youtube]
    Make of it what you will.

5. arceusgod12

Newcomer arceusgod12 Member

Venezuela
    Languages: Spanish, English and Français [​IMG] See you

6. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    OK, so I gave this a go.....seems more polished than part 1 was. Graphics look better and the characters look more detailed than part1. It's not "missing" sounds, unless you count the lack of any kind of voice-overs as sounds missing.
    Mostly touchscreen controlled, though you CAN move with the dpad or buttons, depending on if you're left or right handed, it's easier to just move around with the stylus since everything else requires its use. Shoulder buttons are used for your "protego" shield.

If you ask me, this is sorta like playing the LEGO games, but without the LEGOS or goofy FMV's. You seem to be doing essentially the same thing as LEGO games, tap on stuff, collect the little sparkles, solve simple puzzles (by tapping on objects and/or sliding/tracing the stylus around), blast some bad guys (more tapping), rinse, repeat.

I don't know, I guess it's OK for kids or diehard HP fans, but it seems like other than watching the story unfold and looking at the pretty graphics (which really are pretty good for a DS game), it's not terribly exciting. Maybe it gets better as the game progresses.....I'm only a couple levels in.....

7. iluvfupaburgers

Member iluvfupaburgers FUPA Luva

Ecuador
    havent really tried this game yet, but looks better than part 1 wchich was bad. anyways, they are shovelware so therre really isnt much to expect from them

8. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Saw that vid a few days back. I always at least peek in my head in to see what they'll do with the next batch of Potter games, but man, they just haven't hit many homers with this franchise. This one doesn't look too appealing, either. Might try it during the next intense drought, but I sure wish they'd invest something more into these games. I mean, come on -- this is one of the most grossly profitable franchises in the history of humanity. You'd think they could make a few quality games based on the lore.

9. zizer

Member zizer GBAtemp Addict

not bad trailer

i will try

10. wasim

Member wasim ♫ Music addict ♫

India
    Part 1 sucked ( comparing to half blood prince DS )

will give this one a go.....

11. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    looks like a nice game and i hope this is the last of harry potter. its a great series but i think ppl should move on to other books/games/movies

12. boktor666

Member boktor666 Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!

Netherlands
    I just tried the game. IMO (important, MY OPINION), its not really great. It feels... rushed somehow. I wish they put more content/gameplay into the game, let alone some extra work just to make it be like the good old HP games. (I enjoyed the 1st one a lot on pc)

13. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    Harry Potter games on DS are usually not "shovelware".

14. lrwr14

Newcomer lrwr14 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Reminds me of the lego games, because you can switch between different characters to help you do stuff.

15. syfyTy

Member syfyTy PhD in Thaumaturgy

United States
    This version of the game plays identical to HP Lego Years 1-4. without the lego graphics. I enjoyed the lego version even if it had no challenge but this is acceptable and feels just like it. In fact the top screen map looks identical too. I wonder if it is the same Dev? It is definately NOT as clunky as the previous attempts.

16. preske

Newcomer preske Member

United States
    I don't want to bust your bubble, but the ending has been known for a time know.

17. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Yeah, but the book is actually good to people, I doubt this game is close to as popular and is probably a steaming pile of turd, or shovelware.

18. preske

Newcomer preske Member

United States
    Wait, what has that to do with anything?

This was about spoiling the end, which is already known anyway, not about it being a good game or not.

19. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    You did link to the book, right? Well I'm saying the book is the original, quality tale in which the ending was told, and this game is probably crap and is definitely shovelware. Really, in which would you rather find out the ending?

Also, it's in no way spoiling the ending, it's just a different medium of seeing the ending. Some people like reading the books for the endings, some people like seeing the movies for the endings, and some people like playing the games for the endings, but just because you played the games instead of watching the movie first doesn't mean it's spoiling the movie, because your finding out via the game instead.

20. eggsample

Member eggsample punahussy

Poland
    This game has nothing to shovelware.
    It has nice gfx, cool gameplay, HP storyline.
    And about spoiling. meh.
    Think about it as the book is spoiling the movie, mmm No, they spoiling the GAME.
    Shitty HP books ruined my life, F*** spoilers. heh